Just an FYI...

An e-mail went out to 80 or so SCCA Stewards with the notice from SFI. I wrote back to all and asked a few questions on how we were to respond to issues at the track.

The reply I received was that at this point this was an issue between SFI and Impace Performance Parts. SCCA Club Racing office is aware of the issues and will determine if there is any reason for members to question the validility of Impact labeled equipment and/or parts. Until that time we have been instructed to treat the SFI labels as legitimate.

IMO the items have been tested and passed the standards to meet the certification process. It doesn't matter where the labels come from as long as the equipment meets the performance standards. I don't think SFI should have the right to make a share of the profit on EVERY piece of racing equipent being sold in the market. To me I feel that this is just another reason that SCCA should have a (non-profit) department checking to see if equipment meets our club (our busines) and our insurance companies standards.

Raymond