I do not know if this is the case but if SFI works like another trade organization that I work with, they are funded as a % of sales of certified products. The certifying organization tracks sales by selling their labels. Soooo, if Mr Simpson provides his own labels, SFI doesn't know how much he is producing, therefore he isn't assessed the SFI fee's for his production.

Of course there could be other reasons, such as SFI had a delay on supplying labels. Or maybe they were producing materials in china and they didn't want to bother with shipping labels over there. Who knows. The one thing is for sure is that there was a SFI listing for the product, as the listing on the SFI site is the controlling aspect, not the label. If Impact was making products without listing, they would quite possibly be looking at criminal charges. But I doubt it, that's just too stupid/crooked.

I come back to the most reasonable answer is either they did it to avoid fees, or to deal with some label supply or timing problem. If that was they case, the materials produced are likely just like the certified ones, but SFI didn't get their fees for them, hence their anger. My expectation is that Impact will settle acounts with SFI and all will be forgiven.