Thread: Impact Racing Products, was: "Very disturbing thread"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don’t anybody do anything rash. Give us a week or so to see how this plays out. I have already heard rumors that there may be a solution.
    As mentioned helmet are not affected they are Snell not SFI. This involves suits, nets and belts.
    Dick Patullo
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Guess it's time to sell Bill Simpson an M3 Bimmer that is actually a Ford Fusion but has M3 tags on it......LOL.

i am likely not the only one but i sent an e-mail to John Bauer (SCCA Club Racing Technical Manager)

John,

Could you please provide me with a list of SFI certified products that will acceptable to SCCA for the useful life of the products?

For example:

Belts for 2 years as per the GCR.

Suits as normal wear allows.

Given that SFI can de-certify its previously certified products after my purchase, I want to ensure that I am buying something that both meets the rules and can be utilized for its expected useful life.

Especially with regards to new equipment such as Head & Neck Restraints that have been recently mandated.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could reply or post an advisory of SFI's policy implementation and its impact to our club.

Thanks,

Tom

with link to SFI and quoted their release.

i have a hard time believing that equipment bought before the "de-certification" date can retroactively be de-certified.

but since SCCA essentially mandates several SFI approved pieces of safety equipment, i want to know what ones are SCCA approved pieces of SFI approved pieces.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Note that the SFI claim is over fake labels, and it specifically does NOT state that the products don't actually meet the certification standards...just that the LABELS didn't come from SFI.

Now, the products COULD be unsafe.... or not.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

As a Quality Manager in an ISO 9001:2008 certified facility, this is very distressing. I hope that this can be resolved positively, but it doesn't look good. An old friend once told me that integrity is a gift you give to yourself.

Mike

I heard that NASCAR owns SFI, Is this true?

Just an FYI...

An e-mail went out to 80 or so SCCA Stewards with the notice from SFI. I wrote back to all and asked a few questions on how we were to respond to issues at the track.

The reply I received was that at this point this was an issue between SFI and Impace Performance Parts. SCCA Club Racing office is aware of the issues and will determine if there is any reason for members to question the validility of Impact labeled equipment and/or parts. Until that time we have been instructed to treat the SFI labels as legitimate.

IMO the items have been tested and passed the standards to meet the certification process. It doesn't matter where the labels come from as long as the equipment meets the performance standards. I don't think SFI should have the right to make a share of the profit on EVERY piece of racing equipent being sold in the market. To me I feel that this is just another reason that SCCA should have a (non-profit) department checking to see if equipment meets our club (our busines) and our insurance companies standards.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com