Thread: looking for rims

Default looking for rims

i'm looking for some light weight wheels for a 1987 ITB mustang, any idea's out there?

I believe your limited to 15 X 6 inch wheels. There's not much out there in that size and the offset you need. I did have a friend race a Mustang in ITB for a few years. Plenty of stock wheels available which he used but your key word is "lighter" and that's the hard part.

Correction: When I said "limited to" I ment the maximum size he could use and not the only size he could use.
    Last edited by jimbbski; 03-28-2010 at 11:52 AM.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Manny,

We met May, 2002 in Daytona, garaged next to Marcello...Blue ITB from Buffalo, N.Y.

One solution we researched is the light weight stock car wheels, but they are only available in 13 inch sizes, with multiple offsets and widths available. I bought them back then, and the offset easily cleared the brake calipers. I have not seen another really inexpensive, and useable rim for this car. Check Weld, and others like it, that cater to the Mini-stock racing crowd.

Incidentally, ITB Mustangs are not "limited" to 15 inch rims. We got them years ago when it was demonstrated to SCCA that the '90's cars were produced with that size. 13's were used in the early years of the listed "line" years (1979-1993).

Good racing.

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York

Spinwerks.com

They will make any size you want with any offest. We have 3 sets from them for our mustang. Give them a call.
    Ron
    Atlanta
    ITB Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Spinwerks.com

They will make any size you want with any offest. We have 3 sets from them for our mustang. Give them a call.
    forgot an "e"

www.spinwerkes.com

how much did a set cost your? have similiar issue with finding RWD offset wheels for the MR2.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Sorry about the typo. I want to say $750.00 for a set of four.
    Ron
    Atlanta
    ITB Mustang

those are steel correct? they show a some light weight aluminumones on the website, but they look like more for dragracing.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

No, aluminum. The web site is not complete. I will get my order sheet out of the trailer soon but I want to say they are series 82.
    Ron
    Atlanta
    ITB Mustang

thanks guys for your help and yes Bill i do remember you at daytona. i've always been a stickler about the factory 15x7 wheels they are factory aluminum wheels

As you know, the 15X7 are not legal in ITB. Incidentally, the rims I referred to are steel, 13's and very light weight. They are also very cheap. Enough to use for an experiment, too.

Good racing.

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York