Thread: Bought a 88 CRX SI ITA car

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

14x7's are fine. I wouldn't worry about the corner weight and tire capacity... it's a non issue. You don't want 15x7's b/c fitting 225/45 Hoosiers is a real PITA on the rear. It can be done but the offset is crucial and they still barely fit. The 14's are going to be just as fast but easier to get on the car.
    good points, spent some time looking for some 14x7" rims but as luck would have it i cant find anyone that sells the lightest ones listed on wheel wts.net

4.7 FD is the best "all around" although different options may be better for specific tracks.
    the guy that sold me the car tried to sell me a 4.7FD but I did not have any more money also I figured since its a Honda they should be easy to get.

The weight adjustment was part of the Great Re-alignment. The CRX was one of the bogey's for the class and the weight really hasn't slowed them down.

Sphericals are good but especially important in the radius rods. You can run a mix of OEM and poly on the rest and be just fine.
    I had to look up what a radius rod is but it should be easy to make one (other cars call them strut rods)

IT allows a shit-ton of development and parts. You can spend some serious cubic-dollars when looking at a full prep car.
    hope its less then the FP/GTL cars (one guy e-mailed me and said unless I am dynoing 7 motors in the off season forget about GT)

I know I wont be some hot shoe so my goal for this car is to just make it faster then it was when I first got the car

if I can figure out how to hook up my narrow band AFR meter then I can work on the very rich mixture it has now

thanks
    David
    Last edited by Davegt74; 03-28-2010 at 11:20 PM.