Thread: How did he do it???

Default How did he do it???

Anyone else love to spectate rally? I guess this is what happens when you combine Lemons and World Rally :026:

http://jalopnik.com/5497042/how-a-50...yline=true&s=i
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I have a friend who seems to twinkle as he walks (no, not that way). He gets into the best parties, drives the best of his friends' cars, married the perfect woman, got the truly awesome-ist job (traveling the world as a flight test engineer for a major aircraft corporation). I once asked him what his secret was to such a perfect life: He shrugged and said, "I asked".

So, how did this guy on Jalopnik get into WRC with an old E30 BMW...? Yup, that's right...

This story has a metric s**t-ton of awesomeness.

GA

I admit it, I was gigling like a giddy school girl when I read this story. So I had to share it. Bill sounds like a combination of a ski bum and a driver. You're so right Greg, we mostly get the life we ask for.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I built my last RX7 in 99,called SCCA Pro and asked what I needed to do to enter the WC touring event at Lime Rock in 2000. They said the RX7 is a GT car,I said "no,not the new body style", They sent all the info I needed and decals for the car right down to the number placards. If it werent for the money we probably would have tryed to race a first gen in a World Challenge race. How cool would that have been to see Ray,Dan,Jeremy,Dick,Dave and Grant as a "team" on Speedvision.

All I did was ask,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    I built my last RX7 in 99,called SCCA Pro and asked what I needed to do to enter the WC touring event at Lime Rock in 2000. They said the RX7 is a GT car,I said "no,not the new body style", They sent all the info I needed and decals for the car right down to the number placards. If it werent for the money we probably would have tryed to race a first gen in a World Challenge race. How cool would that have been to see Ray,Dan,Jeremy,Dick,Dave and Grant as a "team" on Speedvision.

All I did was ask,
    Dan
    Jeez, thanks for the love!

Yes, that Jalopink story is AWESOME!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

This was around the time we didnt think you would slum with us. You are the wolrd famous Super Cake Jake,now we know better.
    Any word on engine stuff or should I wait by the phone. Any bites on the car? Which races are you attending so I dont go and get beat....

Love always, Dan-o