Thread: what seat would you get?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by almracing View Post
    I use a Racetech 4009WHR and love it! You'll need the W - wide version - if you have a waist over 34". The HR is head restraint. It is not much more than your budget and extremely comfortable. If you come up North I would be glad to let you sit in the car. Just don't push any buttons... lol.
    LOL... I just sat in our new 4009HR and damn I need to loose that weight I gained as its damn snug!!! Last night I had to finally admit defeat and jump on the treadmill.
    Jeremy Billiel

David, where did you get the seat? The v version is well over the threads budget, say over double. I am not saying it is not a seat that everyone would like to have just that it does not apply here.

matt

I had crappy seats in my first few race cars. The latest one came with a Recaro. I would never have dreamed that a seat can make that much of a difference. Not only does it hold really well but I FEEL safer. I like having that halo around my head.

I'll never skimp on a seat again.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Try the Ultrashield full containment as well (very reasonable and safe) there is a guy on racingjunk.com ( don't say it Greg!) selling them for 533 delivered!! Almost enough left over to get a sport hans as well!!!
    Chris Leone
    318i going STL!!!
    E36 ITS underconstruction(sold)
    84 944 ITS (sold)
    71 240z more than half way there/now GT2 bound!!
    ChrisLeonemotorsports.com
    Roll cages and fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by xr4racer View Post
    David, where did you get the seat? The v version is well over the threads budget, say over double. I am not saying it is not a seat that everyone would like to have just that it does not apply here.

matt
    Matt,

I bought the seat as a packaged deal from Apex Performance. I picked a price I wanted to pay and basically made shops bid for my business. CDOC had a last years RT4009HRV for @ $1400, but it's too tight a fit for me. I did pay more than the threads budget, but that is a result of rethinking the importance of safety. I read quite a few articles of how seat selection and seat fit affect driver safety. That is why I ended up springing for the Viper seat.
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

I have an OMP Grip. Lightweight, FIA cert. easy to get in and out. and the price was resonable.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988