Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what seat would you get?

RaceTech is the way to go.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

x2 on sitting in them... it's really the only way to decide. For me, the Recaro Pro-Racer XL was the way to go. I loved the Racetech's but the Recaro was even more comfortable and about the same price IIRC. Jeremy Lucas with FastTech can get them for a really good price.

If you're looking for Momo, Louis at LTB can get their stuff cheaper than anyone else I've ever been able to find.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

I tried a racetech 4009hr today and i loved it! However I have searched high and low and the racetech is $1300 plus $200 for mounts making it a real stretch with the wife and a little one coming in October... can I get it yes... will the family be happy, not at all.

I tried the recaro today and disliked it as it was very tight.

I did some more research and I saw that TeamDI sells sabelt which makes the Taurus that has head supports. I know this is a very popular seat in the rally world but has anyone here tried it? Better yet anyone here have one I can sit in? I saw an advertisement as low as $639 for this seat and the brackets were $80 bucks...

Thanks
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    I tried a racetech 4009hr today and i loved it! However I have searched high and low and the racetech is $1300 plus $200 for mounts making it a real stretch with the wife and a little one coming in October... can I get it yes... will the family be happy, not at all.

I did some more research and I saw that TeamDI sells sabelt which makes the Taurus that has head supports. I know this is a very popular seat in the rally world but has anyone here tried it? Better yet anyone here have one I can sit in? I saw an advertisement as low as $639 for this seat and the brackets were $80 bucks...

Thanks
    Stephen
    Never pay retail for racing gear! Every shop has some leeway, make 'em use it. This is especially true if you purchase multiple items, like a seat, seat mounts, and harness. Trust me, I got a deal on mine.
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post

Um, maybe it's not the seat......................

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Um, maybe it's not the seat......................

Trying to keep the ballast on the drivers side as low as possible. : ) I should have known better about saying the seat was to tight.

This is the most comfortable seat I have used in 20+ years of racing. I can literally fall asleep in it on grid. Full of great features and very safe. The reasonable price makes it a fantastic deal.

http://www.subesports.com/products/c...bra/prodID/653
    Peter Linssen
    SPM Volvo 740 Turbo
    ITB/FP/VP1 Opel Manta

Quote Originally Posted by itmanta View Post
    This is the most comfortable seat I have used in 20+ years of racing. I can literally fall asleep in it on grid. Full of great features and very safe. The reasonable price makes it a fantastic deal.

http://www.subesports.com/products/c...bra/prodID/653
    Sorry Pete,

But.....

1) I would not buy a cobra seat....

and

2) I would not buy from Sube sports......

for reference see how they treated a customer with a defective seat:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...40&postcount=1
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I looked for a way to avoid the cost of a RaceTech seat and sat in every manufacturers seat at PRI last December. I sampled everything in the building. I just could not get anything to compare with the fit and comfort of the Race Tech( I am 5'10" and 190lbs). Many of the seats were waaayyy too tight, and none of them had the support under my legs like the RaceTech. Sooo.. I bought the RaceTech 4009WHR.

I ended up getting a sabelt Taurus XL from teamdi (driving impressions ) it has head restraints, made to fit a hans, and cost just over $900 with the mounts. I think at 5'8 I am the smallest person that could fit in it but I think it will do the trick. It felt good to support Bob as well since he has done so much for the racers in the NE. I am also getting a Hans so with the Hans and the seat I will have spent the same as the racetech and I don't think it was a huge compromise in safety.

Stephen