OK, the moderators may want to start a new thread with this post, but Rules and Regs is a good place to start.

CRB Sound language
Merideth/Sheridan, motion to approve the following GCR change:
Approved: Butler, Creighton, Gordy, Kephart, Langlotz, Lewis, Lybarger, Merideth, Noble, Sheridan, Wannarka. Abstain: Patullo.
Effective immediately 3/9/10.
5.7.3. Standards
A sound level instrument (meter) that meets American National Standards Institute (ANSI) S1.4-1983 Class 2 or better shall
be used. The primary maximum for SCCA Sound Control shall be a sound pressure level of 103dB “A” frequency weighted
(dBA) measured on the fast response setting at 50 feet (+/- 2 feet) from the edge of the track pavement, and/ or artificial
markers indicating track edge. Lower
(Other) maximum levels may be imposed at specific venues or events. These lower

(alternate)
levels shall be noted in the Supplemental Regulations. All sound readings shall be truncated to the lower whole
EFFECTIVE FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED April 2010

number. (Anything after the decimal point is ignored.)
Change the sentence “Lower maximum levels may be imposed at specific venues or events.” to read, “Other maximum
levels may be imposed at specific venues or events.” The next sentence would also drop the word “lower” and replace with
“alternate”.
BoD discussion on enforcement of sound rules, intended for exceptions and on a track by track basis. Some Divisions may
determine not to enforce sound based on local tracks. Exec Stewards with Regions will make determination. Sound will still
be monitored.

What's the opinion of the group on this change? Good? Bad? I was Chief of Sound Control for two regions for 18 years, so I have my opinions.