Thread: April Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Consideration is being given to revisiting ITR as a whole during 2010."

What's going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    "Consideration is being given to revisiting ITR as a whole during 2010."

What's going on here?
    We're 3 full years into ITR competition. We just want to follow up and make sure that the weights are consistent and that there are no glaring errors.

The ITAC is still trying to get caught up on letters, but we'll get to this.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

"Errors" being operationalized as...?

K

Kirk, it appears some process factors were not correctly applied to ITR cars -- some of the weights can't be backed into using the process.

As I understand it, those are the errors we would be looking at. Josh's example of the 3000GT and Stealth are prime ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    "Errors" being operationalized as...?

K
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    We're 3 full years into ITR competition. We just want to follow up and make sure that the weights are consistent and that there are no glaring errors.

Umm I'm willing to guess there could be some glaring errors... but I'm not sure how anybody thinks they are going to find them any easier now than they could have 3 years ago, or when a new car was classed. You certainly can't tell anything by ontrack performance yet(New CRB/ITAC position)... I'm 99% sure an RX-8 can be made to handle better than a second gen rx-7 of similar weight, I know for sure it makes about 30 more whp in IT trim and can/and is allowed to in ITR fit a bigger wheel and tire than ITS... yet huffmaster went faster than anyone in IT at the arrc. You have no DATA to go by. Period.(unless someone has offered up dyno sheets for multiple similar builds showing something doesn't make expected power) Not to mention that nobody has yet tried to build a serious front wheel drive car and see how it stacks up at all(they could all be off)

Only thing I can think of is that the v6 mustang is probably not going to be able to make weight... maybe not within 50lbs with a 180lbs driver. However, several more are being built I believe so it would seem foolish to change those cars before more people come to that conclusion.
    Last edited by frnkhous; 03-23-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frnkhous View Post
    Umm I'm willing to guess there could be some glaring errors... but I'm not sure how anybody thinks they are going to find them any easier now than they could have 3 years ago, or when a new car was classed.
    Well, for example, it appears that the Mitsu 3000GT/Dodge Stealth didn't get any sort of break for FWD, although it should have. Just want to do a complete audit.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Well, for example, it appears that the Mitsu 3000GT/Dodge Stealth didn't get any sort of break for FWD, although it should have. Just want to do a complete audit.
    So it sounds like "error" as in, not to the process that should have been used when they were initially listed...

K

Not to mention that nobody has yet tried to build a serious front wheel drive car and see how it stacks up at all(they could all be off)
    Paul Dubinski and Mark Masters have their "Part Time" Acura RSX moving very well now. I've heard of another in Ohio, but haven't seen it.

use the formula Daniel-san.... use the formula...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    Paul Dubinski and Mark Masters have their "Part Time" Acura RSX moving very well now. I've heard of another in Ohio, but haven't seen it.
    I think I met those guys at VIR last fall?. NICE guys. SWEET looking car!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

That's the one. It is a nice car, and nice guys.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

They found somewhere near four seconds at VIR since last season. Quite impressive.

I think that is right -- they ran a 2:12 or something?

Grafton, how fast has your 944S2 gone? I don't think Ricky has been under 2:15 yet, although I know he is still doing a lot of development work. Didn't Skeen get a ITR 325 in the 11s?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Only thing I can think of is that the v6 mustang is probably not going to be able to make weight... maybe not within 50lbs with a 180lbs driver. However, several more are being built I believe so it would seem foolish to change those cars before more people come to that conclusion.
    The car was run through the process and a weight comes out. At that point a decision is made to possibly drop it a class at a higher weight, however, for that car, and a few others in that 190hp range, the S weight is just too high compared to other cars in the class and the mechnical aspects of the car in question. 26XX in R or around 3000+ in S, a bit of a tweener.

I weigh 175 lbs and if I can get my Mustang to be within 50lbs of weight I'll be plenty happy. I need to lose 20 lbs anyhow, that'd make it even closer!

Seriously? Already we are messing around... Is it documented that a member requested a specific car to be looked at?
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Seriously? Already we are messing around... Is it documented that a member requested a specific car to be looked at?
    Stephen
    Stephen you should know by now that the CRB is a piss poor group of people who have absolutely no idea how to research decisions properly or understand that consistency has something to do with member support and/or growth. The "rules" will change from month to month until we change the members of that committee. Unfortunately those members are not voted on so we have not options as members to replace them.

Raymond "not bitching, just being a realist when it comes to how SCCA handles member input and change" Blethen

PS: I really need to get that VTS sheet into the ITAC to see how the CRB deals with the Audi 4000 Quattro... According to the process it should weigh a good 200lbs less than the FWD version so it will be interesting to see how the ITAC and CRB handle that one! If you have the info can you fill it in and e-mail it to me? Thanks!
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    ......the Audi 4000 Quattro... According to the process it should weigh a good 200lbs less than the FWD version ....
    Why? Same engine or different?
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Why? Same engine or different?
    Exact same car other than the AWD, independant rear suspension and the disc brakes in the rear...

They (ITAC and CR have no data from the Audi Coupe so they need me to complete a VTS sheet. Amaizingly the CRB was able to justify the coupe in ITB soley on the on-track performance as it aparently did not have a VTS sheet so it did not have ANY data to back up its decisions...

Raymond "Yup, my comments about the CRB are harsh, but it is how I feel" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

So, if I read between the lines, you're saying that the Process for that car is 200 or so less than the currently classed version. And therefor the current one is wrong. yea, we did that dance.

You aren't going to let it go, LOL, you're trying to get more guys to leave the ITAC?
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region