Thread: Nissan 2010 Racer Support/Contingency Program

Default Nissan 2010 Racer Support/Contingency Program

For those who may have missed it - Nissan has instituted "racer support" and contingency programs for 2010. Information on the programs is here; click on "2010 Racer Support" for program details, and there is also a link to the Nissan Motorsports catalog. Apparently the racer support program provides for discounts on motorsports parts, although I haven't seen any info on how much of a discount. The contingency program will unfortunately not help us, as it only applies to GT/SS/Prod/Touring.
    Last edited by erlrich; 03-20-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

They've offered this Grassroots Motorsports program for years. Best thing is you can get less-than-dealer pricing on OEM parts...

Sign up. It's worth it, they're great guys. Tell Paul I sent you...on second thought, better not...<wink>

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    They've offered this Grassroots Motorsports program for years. Best thing is you can get less-than-dealer pricing on OEM parts...

Sign up. It's worth it, they're great guys. Tell Paul I sent you...on second thought, better not...<wink>

GA
    No way - I though Nissan dropped the support 5-6 years ago?

Damn, I probably coulda built a second motor...
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Earl, they did have the program for years, and then stopped it a few years ago. It's good news for any national driver, but doesn't give us much. If you can get discounts on parts, thats great. I get a pretty good deal from our Nissan friend in Lynchburg VA.

I just wish NISMO made some race parts still. I mean I am all set if a need a nifty shift knob with NISMO on it, but anything like a larger baffled pan, ect......outta luck.

Having said that:

After a year and a half of work, it's time for the ZX's first shake down. I will be traveling to Savannah, GA on the 29th for a track day at Roebling road. It will be interesting to see what issues I run into (you always find something), but I am optimistic. I may still need some additional camber all the way around, but won't know till I start with the set up. Latest pics:

Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

I have said it before, your car looks great Tristan. Congratulations!!!

Maybe you should consider TGPR April 17-18 for the Time Trial. Not as long or fast as RR but a lot shorter tow.

BTW, I have dealt with the Nissan motorsports people and you are right, they can save you some $$$ but don't try to find a Nissan Comp pan for an L series engine. +1 for our Va buddy!!
    Last edited by pballance; 03-21-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Who knows, maybe I will. I hope by the end of April to finally get it out to an event.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56