Thread: Nissan 2010 Racer Support/Contingency Program

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Earl, they did have the program for years, and then stopped it a few years ago. It's good news for any national driver, but doesn't give us much. If you can get discounts on parts, thats great. I get a pretty good deal from our Nissan friend in Lynchburg VA.

I just wish NISMO made some race parts still. I mean I am all set if a need a nifty shift knob with NISMO on it, but anything like a larger baffled pan, ect......outta luck.

Having said that:

After a year and a half of work, it's time for the ZX's first shake down. I will be traveling to Savannah, GA on the 29th for a track day at Roebling road. It will be interesting to see what issues I run into (you always find something), but I am optimistic. I may still need some additional camber all the way around, but won't know till I start with the set up. Latest pics:

Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

I have said it before, your car looks great Tristan. Congratulations!!!

Maybe you should consider TGPR April 17-18 for the Time Trial. Not as long or fast as RR but a lot shorter tow.

BTW, I have dealt with the Nissan motorsports people and you are right, they can save you some $$$ but don't try to find a Nissan Comp pan for an L series engine. +1 for our Va buddy!!
    Last edited by pballance; 03-21-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Who knows, maybe I will. I hope by the end of April to finally get it out to an event.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56