Thread: CMP next weekend

Default CMP next weekend

Anyone headed to CMP next weekend?....I am bringing the Fire Arrow to shake out a few cob webs. My friend Bob Coffin will be driving the car.The White Ghost is back.

H-o-l-y c-r-a-p!

A Plymouth Fire Arrow? I thought that was like the basselope -- or the pink unicorn.

Do they really exist?

Seriously, can wait to see it.

P.S. I race a TR8 so I'm not sure why I'm allowed to josh you......
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foreman View Post
    Anyone headed to CMP next weekend?....I am bringing the Fire Arrow to shake out a few cob webs. My friend Bob Coffin will be driving the car.The White Ghost is back.
    This is the 4L inline six? Mega cool, looking forward to seeing it run!!!!!

No, 2.6 I think, and it's a 4 right?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I was trying to get the GCR but could not download it on the new comp. What is the 4L six in IT, AMC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I was trying to get the GCR but could not download it on the new comp. What is the 4L six in IT, AMC?
    That's the AMC Spirit in ITA, but it's actually a 4.2L Six. The 3.8L Chebby/Buick 6 from the Monza/Skyhawk is the closest 6 in displacement in IT. It's interesting to see some of the other cars listed in the back of the GCR I would have never expected to be in there. I had forgotten the Isuzu Stylus ever even existed. Anybody ever see a Stylus race in IT???
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Default Plymouth Fire Arrow

Bob Coffin is 69 and and you would never know it by being around him. His son Dr Mark Coffin will be there running against his dad in a F prod VW and the bonus is that several of Bob's buddies will be racing in the same group with their e-prod corvairs....bragging rights are on the line between the four of them. Bob will win as they all will DNF

Quote Originally Posted by spawpoet View Post
    listed in the back of the GCR I would have never expected to be in there.
    Came out of the gym today and there was a cherry Mustang II siting there. 5L V8, probably all of 140hp of it. Available with a four speed in 1976. Have to see if those are classed. Pinto chassis, could probably be made to work ok.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 03-18-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Default One radical Street Fire Arrow

Default Fire Arrow

Hi Matt - Is this the ex-Doug Smith ProIT championship winning car? Or the new car that was under construction at the time of his passing?
    Bob Hudson
    National Steward

I don't even have a clue what a "firearrow"is. But, anything's better than trying to keep up with Jeff and the assorted Z cars that are way fast now!

See ya all there hope I get through turn 1 this time!

Travers
    ITS19

I hear you Travers... Let's all hope that nobody it stupid enough to try and win the race in the first turn on lap one. Looking forward to seeing you out there!

Quote Originally Posted by tbtapper View Post
    I don't even have a clue what a "firearrow"is. But, anything's better than trying to keep up with Jeff and the assorted Z cars that are way fast now!

See ya all there hope I get through turn 1 this time!

Travers
    ITS19
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

I am ready to go .....

You are doing better than me. I still don't have an ECU in the car. Solder will be flying tonight!! :026:
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Tuning the megasquirt on the new ITA Miata tomorrow. I have a "stock" spec miata ECU I can use if I don't finish tuning the M.S.
    My second ITA Miata is already loaded in the trailer and will have a new driver for this race.
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by bhudson View Post
    Hi Matt - Is this the ex-Doug Smith ProIT championship winning car? Or the new car that was under construction at the time of his passing?
    It is the championship car with a few tweeks and updates. The new car is coming along nicely and will possibly debut at the ARRC

Online registration deadline has been extended to Thursday, March 25 at 7:00 AM.

IT fields are looking great - hope to see lots of you guys out there!
    Nick Hallman
    South Carolina Region SCCA