Thread: All Wheel Drive coming to IT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1k View Post
    How about turbos? Almost all AWD cars are turbocharged.
    Forced induction not allowed in IT.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

You could also run an old Corolla All-Trac (if you can find one).

Truth be told, I'm not sure AWD would be that much of an advantage. AWD cars push by nature, especially if they're lowered. Plus, it adds a lot of weight.
    Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb

What did you guys figure for an "adder" for AWD?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    What did you guys figure for an "adder" for AWD?
    Whatever the decision was, it will be "wrong" for SOMEONE, depending on how and when they are looking at it. AWD can't help but be different from 2WD and will either be better or worse depending on the weather.

This is going to be an interesting policy-making study: A perfect case warranting (1) a clear statement of intent/philosophy, (2) a sound theoretical basis for a decision for how the math will be done, and (3) blind-faith adherence to that decision, even in the face of "proof" - from anecdotal on-track performance - that "they got it wrong!"

The direction we're collectively headed in right now is 180* from there, with (1) waffling and different-answers-depending-who-you-ask philosophy, (2) something reasonable in terms of theory (I'm putting faith in Josh's nature here, as he steers the ITAC), but (3) no assurance that we won't see all kinds of intervention and flailing about by the CRB, in reaction to all kinds of motivations.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    (I'm putting faith in Josh's nature here, as he steers the ITAC), but (3) no assurance that we won't see all kinds of intervention and flailing about by the CRB, in reaction to all kinds of motivations.

K
    So the ITAC is functioning and Josh is the Chairman? I must have missed all the announcements......