Hello again everyone. I'm Michael Block, the Orlando Auto Examiner, and I purchased a Datsun 200SX ITB race car back in November.

I bought it without a title (as I'm finding out is quite common with race cars), but to play it as safely as possible, I have an official, complete, and notarized FL DMV bill of sale.

The pressing issue at this moment is that the current storage arrangement for the car has fallen through - my friend is closing up shop and the shop location is going back up for lease.

So I need to get the car and everything associated with it out of there fairly quickly.

I can't keep it at my house, so I've been shopping around for storage units.

The problem is... I've yet to find a storage place here in Orlando who will store an untitled car. They say that, even though the bill of sale proves I own it, should I stop paying my bill and they have to clean out the unit, they can't sell the car.

Now, the PO was storing it untitled at a U-Haul in Daytona Beach, but that's 45 mins away. I need the car closer than that.

Has anyone had success finagling something with a storage facility that they will store an untitled car? Or do I have to go through the hoops of getting a title for it first?

Thanks in advance for any help!