Had a great race today with Ron Earp at VIR -- low turnout but we had some fast cars in the group. Weather was great.

Neil Harrison put his ITA (yes ITA) 240sx on the overall pole at 2:18.00, I was a couple of tenths back followed by Ron and Chris Plucker in a fast 260z and 280z respectively.

Ron and I got around Neil at the start -- torque will do that -- and proceeded to have 8 laps or so of the best racing I've been a part of it. Nose to tail the whole way. The new FI motor in the TR8 was strong and I led the whole way, but while I'd pull out 6-8 car lengths in the esses or the backstraight, Ron would make it back up in turn 3 and 10.

2 to go and I bobbled in Hog's Pen and went off left, came back on 10-15 seconds back and didn't have a chance to get back in the race -- congrats to Ron for a great win, and a great race.

I went into the race today thinking hmmmm....light field (six cars).....not as competitive as usual, but damn, Ron turned a 17.7, I had an 18.1 and Chris was low 18s as well. Small group, but fast.

Props to new guy Brian Pierce (didn't get a chance to say hello). Despite some damage to the nose of the car in the CCPS yesterday, he ran a 24 in the SARRC. Very nice.

And props to our newest team member Jeff Giordano. After a multi-year layoff, he drove the 260z to a 1st place finish in the Carolina Cup and knocked off a 2:20 lap. Very nice.

Great weekend.