Thread: April Grassroots article

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I wear all my gear all the time. I did a NASA event with an in car instructor. He wore jeans and a T-Shirt and told me that it wasn't necessary or required to wear a full suit since it was a HPDE. I just told him it was practice for when I don't have a choice. But, I also wouldn't go out without full safety gear. I wasn't gonna go any slower than if I was racing. Accidents happen all the time. By the end of the day someone had rolled their car in one of the turns. Just as easily could have been a fire, etc.

Grassroots is obviously a better mag, but I have an onboard fire system and have always been curious. Probaly better as video. Speaking of onboard fire systems where and how much to have recharged?

I don't quite understand the concept of the facial hair thing. What does hair do when it's on fire?

Burns like everything else.

I THINK hair catches fire and it's ON your face. So if one flame gets between your helmet and you, you're more screwed with a beard.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I look at it this way, we spend soo much money on the best tires we can afford, best brakes we can afford. Whats a balaclava, a few bucks? Just as we upgrade the performance, we should look at upgrading our safety systems as money allows as well.

Of course, not everyone has a family back home to worry about.

i always wear of DR jeans