Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: intro, wtb 12a

AJ, I have plenty of take off Hoosiers and Hankooks. I can give them to you if you are interested. Some are a few years old, all have 7 -10 cycles on them. All have been stored in my dark climate controlled basement, LOL.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks Jake, but I'll buy new ones. This journey has not been a budget problem, it's mostly driven by the time I have and people I don't know yet because I'm new to the area. Everyone's been real helpful and that's cool. These 12a parts are like diamonds or something. I don't really want to be out scouring Craigslist all the time trying to find parts and storing them just in case.

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but it makes me wonder as a small and regional class why IT7 doesn't evolve to Webers and 13b with a weight penalty to provide some room for growth. Hell, IT even allows for Webers but not on rotaries (although not the 48 IDA that EP uses).
    Last edited by shlowone; 03-15-2010 at 02:44 PM.

The reason for the 12a is there are only 8 cars in the region and thats what we got in the cars. Im all for 13b and webber or holly 2 barrel. Hmmmm.

IT7 isn't really a regional "only" class...it's a class that is recoognized and is in the supps for most regions. Making changes to the ruleset to serve the local guys fractures the region off from the rest of the country, and eliminates teh ability of the guys with the now unique cars to travel to other regions. That's fine if that's understood and accepted.

The 'south" is 'reported' to have a 'gentlemans agreement'...and there is under the breath discussion as to how it alienates other traveling racers. I have no idea whether any of that it true, or is just a legend, but, it illustrates how even a rumour can affect peoples actions.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

HEY..................Danno and "the" new guy-dont be floating ideas out there that "might" make me get under the hood of my car???

Mike

What do you mean new guy? You wouldnt get under the hood if we paid you. Should we mention the stellar hillclimb times in September? Some thing about plug wires and lap times being related.

Dan-o

AND..............the hole in the header that points right AT the carburetor-du oh!

hmmmmmmmm I better get to work ASAP!

Mike