Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: intro, wtb 12a

Default intro, wtb 12a

Hi, I'm new to NE planning to race IT7 this year. Have the car, need a 12a. If anyone knows one for sale, sitting, good junkyards to check, etc. I'd appreciate the leads. Or contacts for guys that rebuild rotarys. I'm new to the area and still trying to find my way around.

Thx, AJ

Ray and Grant, help this man out....dave

Quote Originally Posted by shlowone View Post
    Hi, I'm new to NE planning to race IT7 this year. Have the car, need a 12a. If anyone knows one for sale, sitting, good junkyards to check, etc. I'd appreciate the leads. Or contacts for guys that rebuild rotarys. I'm new to the area and still trying to find my way around.

Thx, AJ
    I have just about any part you may need.

SEDIV SARRC IT7 Champion
    Rickey Thompson
    (919)-921-6050

Great thanks. I'm in MA, maybe just need two sides and a center housing. I'm going to try and take a recently built street port motor and re-assemble as a stock port. I could really use help from a local motor builder too. I can do it, but time is a problem with my new job.

Regards,
    AJ Goldsmith
    Last edited by shlowone; 02-28-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    Ray and Grant, help this man out....dave
    Hey man! I'm retired. I did speak to schlowone (Wats up Aj! Welcome) this past week and I did promise him some names. Rickey Thompson is a great place to start and for the Northeasteners, Dano S, Dick P, Dave F, Lou I, Jake G, Grant M, Mikey B and there are a few others. Post up if you can help out the newb.
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

Yeah, the IT7 guys in NE are all good guys, you'll have fun!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Thanks Ray, good talking with you and appreciate the leads. Whassup racers, I 'll be out with y'all soon enough, need a motor tho. I raced in California before I sold all my BMW stuff and moved here for work. Fell into a deal to buy my old Pro7 car back from Bruce Gasque (who is also trying to help me here, thanks Bruce!). So far I've only met Bruce and talked to Ray and don't really know any other guys here, and if it wasn't for time with work and family and lack of a backup motor to get ready I wouldn't be in a huge hurry. I want to get a few track days to get my line and dial in the car and get back to racing as much of the season as I can. I've been watching CL for a first gen but nada so my hands are tied. I think I all really need is 12a end and center plates (mine are street ported and ice cracked respectively), and someone to put it together. Attached a pic of the car if you're interested. Thanks much!

Regards,
    AJ Goldsmith
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shlowone; 02-28-2010 at 10:44 PM.

Welcome AJ. I live in Ct. Give me a call and maybe I can help you out. Grant mcstay Blue #31 IT7. Tel. 860 223 5780

Dude ,Welcome back. We are currently in parts limbo in the NE. We have a thing called rust and it never sleeps. A couple of us have parts but they are gettin scarce. How soon do you need it done and are you in need of a school? sounds like you have a comp liscence already so that buys some time. I posted else where looking for parts and got alot of leads so give a shout and I can get you numbers. See you at the track. We are the guys with the old IT cars. You'll find us shortly.
    Dan-o 77 IT7
    603-674-5405

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Bandini View Post
    Welcome AJ. I live in Ct. Give me a call and maybe I can help you out. Grant mcstay Blue #31 IT7. Tel. 860 223 5780
    Woot!!! Carlo Bandini man!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWHwKdVOz0M[/ame]

Welcome to the forum Grant.
    Last edited by moto62; 03-03-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

Thanks guys. Grant, will give you a call. I only need 12a irons right now, and someone to help put it back together and help me dyno tune. Dan-o, yea I have an active NASA comp license and its reciprocal with SCCA. I can get the plates shipped from one of my mazda guys in California if all else fails, and in fact even have the motor built there but kind of a bit of work. We'll see.....

Eileen and I enjoyed the show

Spoke to Chris at Mostly Mazda/Honda today. He has a couple complete engines as well as disassembled stuff. Good news he is in Stamford CT 203-375-9753. He's expecting your call. Alot easier than shipping from CA. They do a bunch of Mazda and Honda race cars. Good guys
    Dan 603-674-5405

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Spoke to Chris at Mostly Mazda/Honda today. He has a couple complete engines as well as disassembled stuff. Good news he is in Stamford CT 203-375-9753. He's expecting your call. Alot easier than shipping from CA. They do a bunch of Mazda and Honda race cars. Good guys
    Dan 603-674-5405
    Make that Stratford Ct. Definately give Chris a call AJ. We can always move stuff around.
    http://local.yahoo.com/info-10611336...onda-stratford
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

Thanks guys. I talked to Chris, will probably get the motor pulled this weekend and get it down to him at some point - two business trips in the next couple weeks but I'll get er done. Good guy, appreciate the lead.

Contact this guy. His name is Chris. He is not a racer, but he has a garage full of rotary cars and engines. He is in Carver. I just drove out to Western Mass with him and picked up a 79 RX7 with a mint body. [email protected] Tell him Todd sent you.

No Fair,thats my secret stash. Thanks for the info Todd. We stopped by his place sunday and worked a deal for a bunch of trades. Hes got some pretty cool old stuff, and hes a good guy as well.

Dan

haha Dano - maybe you can use your connection to help me out with some irons! I sent an email to him yesterday, but no word back yet. Heading out to Ohio in the morning, back Friday night. Maybe I can connect this weekend. I need to give the other guy a ring too, been a busy couple weeks.

I heard you need a motor. I have a fresh engine that was just rebuilt by espeed (Estus white). This is the first rebuild on all new cases. This is my spare motor and now I need money for a new project. I can probably let you have it for close to what you would have in parts. Give me a call (919)608-3444 c. You can also call Estus @ espeed. Thanks Pepe.

Thanks to all for your help, looks like I could be dialed in to get all fixed up from Chris at Mostly Motorsport in CT. I need to score some RA1s, a transponder and an exhaust and ready to roll, coming soon to a track near you.

AJ