Thread: What type of RV?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i am looking at a Lexington Class B 25ft on a Ford w/ a v10......looks nice....am I wasting my time and money. I am an idiot and don't listen...someone talk sense to me... I am willing to tow a 20ft enclosed with a 2nd gen rx7 in it ....plus 2 exta sets of wheels

Thanks
    Greg

Go bigger - you'll be glad. RV.net is a great resource - when I was shopping everybody said go as big as you can. I actually wanted a 30 footer - now I'm glad I got the 35 - plenty of room.

If you keep the enclosed go deisel. You don't want to be white knuckling it up every hill and arriving at the track exhausted or stuck on the side of the road overheated.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Go bigger - you'll be glad. RV.net is a great resource - when I was shopping everybody said go as big as you can. I actually wanted a 30 footer - now I'm glad I got the 35 - plenty of room.

If you keep the enclosed go deisel. You don't want to be white knuckling it up every hill and arriving at the track exhausted or stuck on the side of the road overheated.
    Ben made a great choice to go with the extra 5ft...... room for 2 more strippers....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gpeluso View Post
    i am looking at a Lexington Class B 25ft on a Ford w/ a v10......looks nice....am I wasting my time and money. I am an idiot and don't listen...someone talk sense to me... I am willing to tow a 20ft enclosed with a 2nd gen rx7 in it ....plus 2 exta sets of wheels

Thanks
    Greg
    I understand that the Ford V10's (at least the ones in the trucks) have a problem where they will blow out sparkplugs, destroying the threads, which requires the head to be removed to fix.
    Todd Cohen

I don't know about the sparkplug issue described above, but I have no problem with the Ford V10. I purchased a 29' Class C Winnebago and tow a 24' enclosed trailer. It is a little slow on some of the longer hills but the best purchase ever made. I agree with Ben to purchase as large as you can (29' was the longest I could get in my driveway and store next to the garage.).
    Ed Tisdale
    #22 ITR '95 325is (For Sale, $15,000 with spares)
    #22 ITS '95 325is (Converted to ITR)
    #22 ITS '87 325is (Sold)
    #5 ITB '84 318i (RIP)
    Racing BMW's since 1984