Thread: IT7 Question

Default IT7 Question

I have been running NASA, and am looking to run some IT7 possibly. From reading the SCCA rules, it looks like IT7 is just an ITA RX7. Just making sure this is a correct assumption. I am located in the southeast, and it looks like IT7 runs a Toyo as a spec tire. My car was built for ITA and it is a 81 RX7, so I should be ok to run IT7 as long as I run Toyos correct?

Hello -- and yes, that is correct.

By the way, saw you are in Raleigh, NC. I am too -- I run an ITS car, as does my racing buddy Ron Earp out of his garage in Cary. One of our best friends runs an IT7 car (Robert Mitchell) and we know most of the local IT7 crowd (Rex Deffenbaugh, Blair Stitt, Neil Gueldner, etc.).

Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and let's get together sometime. Look forward to seeing you at the track.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I've raced with those guys at VIR...they're super nice, and were more than happy to help a new guy who needed a blind mans cane to find his way around the track. (Just exercise caution combining Robert, beer, an ATV, a trip to the clubhouse, and you.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks for the info guys. One more question. What kind of contigency is available in IT7?

For the last couple years, we've had a program with Toyo that paid up to $150 for a win in IT7. (From memory, it's 150,100,75,50,25 for the top five if there are 5 or more starters and $40,20 for the top two if under five starters). Haven't heard whether we're still on the deal this year, but Blair Stitt is the man who made the deal happen and he probably knows the answer.
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?