Okay, here is one that has been bugging me for a while. What do people do for air?

Back in the old days my little 7 gallon tank worked just fine for autocross. But that was before the free compressor broke at the skanky no-name gas station. My Sunoco station will give me free air if I ask, but it's not always on the way to the track and I'm not always smart enough to remember to fill the tank.

So I show up at the track with an empty tank, I forget to fill it at the track (or the compressor is not turned on) and I've got 2 tires with 20# of air 3 minutes to grid.

I've burned up a couple of little compressors at home trying to fill my 7 gallon tank. Apparently that's a bad idea. Even though they say they are good to 120# they give up like the French army at 70PSI.

What does everyone else do besides (duh) remember to fill the tank at home or first thing at the track?

I see HF has a "250psi compressor" for $8 that looks just like the one I got from my brother-in-law that couldn't blow a prom date. Or, they have a spiffy chrome 12V 150PSI model for $55 that actually lists 1.05 CFM at 90PSI. Or is that just going to be another doorstop in a month? Will a 3 gallon compressor allow me to fill my 7 gallon tank, or am I going to learn a painful lesson about equilibrium?

Should I bite the bullet and get an actual 7 or 10 gallon compressor? That seems like a pain to carry to the track and again, can I fill my portable 7 gallon tank from it?