Thread: Track Photography....WTF...#@%@%#!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WHY IS THIS GUY ALLOWED TO DO THIS? HE IS GETTING HIS INFO FROM THE CLUB! THE REASON I CAN TELL IS THAT ON MY CAR INFO IS THE OTHER RACE NUMBERS I SELECTED. HOW DOES HE GET OUR ADDRESSES?
    THESE BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NOT EXIST DURING A CLUB EVENT...... WE PAY ENOUGH MONEY!!!!!!

Greg

Roz was recently discussed on the Prod forums, the USPS says it is illegal to send unsolicited merchandise with demand for payment. Contact your nearest postal inspector, enough complaints and a chat from an inspector will probably get it stopped at all tracks for everyone.

http://prodracing.com/prodcar/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11057

Direct from USPS https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...itedFraud.aspx
    Last edited by mbuskuhl; 02-17-2010 at 09:16 AM.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Greg, this has been going on for decades. DECADES. I used to get these in the mid-80's when I raced. Sometimes I'd drop the stamp to send them back to stay on their good graces, sometimes I'd simply ignore them. Your prerogative, no need to get yourself upset over it.

The *only* person that has ever taken the time to ASK me in advance if I want photos is Gordon Jolley, at Road Atlanta. Gordon has always taken the time to find me on the grid, ask me if I want photos, and then sent me proofs afterward. If Gordon asks me, I'll take the time to return them if I don't want them. Everyone else...so solly. - GA

On edit: A lot of times I like the photos that Roz takes, but his techniques are a lot like spam: as long as someone keeps buying them, he'll keep doing it...

I buy what I want...there is no problem here.

It is unsolicited and there is no obligation on your part to buy any or send them back.

As has been stated, Roz has been doing this for years. The other guy I would get pics from was Ken Brown. The general take on these guys is that they're scum and use seedy business practices. What's even worse w/ Roz, is that not only does he send you unsolicited pictures w/ a bill, he also sends you unsolicited literature for his wife's investment counseling business.

This is funny (Sort of)

Who has the record for "owing" Roz money for the longest time?

I have "owed" him money since 1990!

I was running my E30 325 BMW in International Sedan at Lime Rock. I got pictures and a bill after that. This guys been pulling this stunt for a while.

Dennis Baer shoots at Calclub races. He shows me the pics at the next race and asks me "if you want all the pictures it's $2.00 each" I always buy all the pics. Some I keep some I don't.
    John Norris
    #07 ITS/R BMW 325is
    #07 ITS BMW 325
    Sponsors:
    GREEN FLASH BEER
    GT International BMW Service since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    I buy what I want...there is no problem here.

It is unsolicited and there is no obligation on your part to buy any or send them back.
    Except I got bill after bill from Roz...I have a two family, and my mail often lands in places where I don't get it. So I get bills for something I never saw. I shouldn't have to write a letter, pick up the phone or ANYthing unless I'm asking to get involved.

And these days, the internet way is SO much easier and friendlier. Send me an email . Whatever, but don't send me bills with interest for a year.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    ...but don't send me bills with interest for a year.
    If he wants to drop $0.44 each month (plus cost of envelope, paper, and toner) to give you something to start the wood stove with, let 'em.

Over the years I got a lot of nice pictures from Roz for free. Some of the real old ones (1985ish) had a big black PROOF on them that wiped off. I'm still working through the guilt I feel for not paying, but I have 30 or so nice pics I otherwise would never have gotten. What's the problem?? Maybe I should send him a bill for the therapy?
    phil hunt