Thread: Track Photography....WTF...#@%@%#!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Track Photography....WTF...#@%@%#!!!!!!

I just don't get it. I attended the Watkins Glen Fun ONE. I do not remember signing up and wanting photos taken.... I have received an innvoice for $91. I have left a message that I did not ask for photos. Years and years ago I thought track photos were neat but now I just worry about have enough money to race. Has anyone else received anything similiar?

Greg

Either send them back or do nothing. He will take you 'off the list' if you don't send them back.

I don't like this sort of business tactic myself. BTW, I am off the list.
    Steven Frederick
    NER

ITA Miata-24

Yeah, I had a bill for a while. Eventually they went away. Roz I think the guys name was.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Roz is the name......why is this allowed and why do we need to put up with it? $91.... ????? I don't get it....... 10 little pictures sent to me that I didn't ask for and I have to take the time to send something back that I did NOT ask for. This guy must be tight with someone in the SCCA....never had this tactic at a NASA event.... and I run more SCCA stuff.

Greg

You don't have to send anything back. You don't have to do anything. Unsolicited merch is yours to keep. Keep the pictures, throw them away, whatever.

Oh, and this comes up every year.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

LOL, recently I was at Summit Point, and got super lucky and set a track record, and I thought it would be neat to have a picture from the weekend. So I sniffed around, and found the photog that was there shooting, and called him. He said he'd look it up and call me back. When he did, he told me I was on his blacklist. He said he shot me at some race in 98 I think, and I never paid for the pictures he sent. I told him I'd never heard of him, can't remember ever requesting pictures and certainly never saw any. He said he has more faith in the US Postal System and is sure I got them and didn't pay. He confirmed he sends them unsolicited with a bill.

I told him I thought that was a crappy way to do business, and that he had no business forcing me to pay, OR return his stuff, on MY dime. He told me I was "very unusual, not like most racers who are thrilled to get pictures of their car". And if I sent him the $50 or whatever, he'd start shooting me again.

I suggested he'd be waiting a loooong time until I supported such a rip off system even IF he had the best shot of my car ever, and that he should use a web based system. He said it's too much work, and those that do it that way don't make as much money.

Well, yea, but they're not extortionists either, LOL.

After I got off the phone I thought I had been too nice.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I happen to like the photos - when it's all said and done all I have are memories, maybe a trophy, an in car video, and some pictures (grateful to say a have lots of all).

It's pretty clear on the envelope what you are getting - If you don't want pictures write "reutrn to sender" on the envelope and put them back in the mailbox - no cost and only a minor inconvenience.

Truth be told my car(s) and me are camera whores - I think I have three photo albums of racing pictures starting with my first pix shot by Team DI Pro ITB Champion-Ken Hubbard, shot in 1995 at LRP in Big Bend lifting "my skirt" on the right rear - it's an awesome shot.

Roz - thanks for the memories keep them coming.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller