Thread: Track Photography....WTF...#@%@%#!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    I buy what I want...there is no problem here.

It is unsolicited and there is no obligation on your part to buy any or send them back.
    Except I got bill after bill from Roz...I have a two family, and my mail often lands in places where I don't get it. So I get bills for something I never saw. I shouldn't have to write a letter, pick up the phone or ANYthing unless I'm asking to get involved.

And these days, the internet way is SO much easier and friendlier. Send me an email . Whatever, but don't send me bills with interest for a year.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    ...but don't send me bills with interest for a year.
    If he wants to drop $0.44 each month (plus cost of envelope, paper, and toner) to give you something to start the wood stove with, let 'em.

Over the years I got a lot of nice pictures from Roz for free. Some of the real old ones (1985ish) had a big black PROOF on them that wiped off. I'm still working through the guilt I feel for not paying, but I have 30 or so nice pics I otherwise would never have gotten. What's the problem?? Maybe I should send him a bill for the therapy?
    phil hunt

Guys, it's not as bad as all that. Roz has been one of only three photographers who continuously comes to most races. He offers a a yearly package deal in advance and if you subscribe, you get tons of photos of your car from the event - some practice - some race. About the cost of one flat-spotted tire which isn't too shabby for a season's worth of pictures.
    One of the things I like about his shots are that he usually stands at the same spots throughout the weekend and has nice cornering shots. If you've made suspension adjustments, you get photographic evidence of the effects. If you continuously screw up a turn, you've got the telltale. Bonus after-the-fact test and tuning memento.
    Chuck

I am actually pretty impressed to see Roz continue this. After all, I have never met anyone who either bought his stuff or returned it which would eventually mean the only people who aren't on his black list are people who have just started racing. I've bitched to SCCA power's that be in the NE but never gotten a response.

I just email the guy and tell him to let me know when he's coming by and I will be sure to leave the pictures on the porch, he can pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by MMiskoe View Post
    ...I have never met anyone who either bought his stuff or returned it...

sometimes I buy one or two, sometimes I return them all

sheesh, you guys, take a chill pill

if you don't get back to him, with prints or dollars,
    he will never send you more

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

I remember the first time Roz did this I had a lengthy email conversation with him about these poor practices. Just to be clear SCCA has nothing to do with these photographers. They pay to come into the events and they take pictures. Nothing the SCCA did wrong, but to get back on track ROZ's approach is poor at best.
    Jeremy Billiel

Default Roz

Roz is a twit.

3 Years ago I made the mistake of buying 2 and shipping the rest back.
    2 years ago he sent 15 picks only 3 were of my car in a practice session the rest were of another red miata... I was insulted, it was one of the only times I have ever been pole in SM so I really wanted a cool pic, so I sent him a bill for my postage mailing the 15 back. He sent me a 3 cent stamp. I think I got black listed after that as I haven't received anything else. So sad. (Oh yeah I wrote on all the photos NOT MY CAR or Practice Session.)

My Dad still gets a bill every now and then for some picks he just trashed 3 or 4 years ago.

Benjamin Robertson

I was subjected to the same bullshit from Roz in 2008. When I went to the Glen for the '09 Fun One, I took the pictures to the track, fully expecting a half-mad man to corner me and demand them back. He never showed. And after a year of incessant billing, he finally stopped the mailings.

Screw Roz, I don't need his pictures. I've got a friend who lives near WGI that takes motorsports pics at tracks all over the eastern US. He does it for his own fun, usually at pro events. I'll just ask him to take some shots of me at the Glen...
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

I have to admit that Roz takes some great pictures! This is one of me in the pits last summer at LRP. He really has an eye for getting the best shots....LOL.

http://www.journalscene.com/images/b...ons/racing.jpg