Thread: 280Z weight reduction

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post

4. Stock fuel system stuff, you've got a cell, you don't need to have that mess.
    When we re-did our shell I was suprised how much just the hard fuel lines weighed. It was a couple of lbs. Ron's list has some great suggestions (a few I'd never heard), and Paul is right about the undercoating and wheels (we are still VERY heavy here at 17 lbs.wheel). Undercoating should be several lbs. One thing not mentioned is gutting the door IF you add nascar bars to your cage. You add a little weight back on with a bit more cage, but if I remember correctly we saved around 17lbs a door when we put in the nascar bars. The biggest thing is to look at EVERY aspect of the car in the most minute detail possible. It all will add up.

Edit: Somehow I missed Rom mentioning the nascar bars in his post. I guess I didn't look in the most minute detail possible.
    Last edited by spawpoet; 02-15-2010 at 08:29 PM.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."