Thread: Anyone in the market for an ITA car with "ported head and special racing cams"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seems it didn't sell... yet.

Notice the lack of the ever-controversial washer bottle. Or more significantly the lack of the front turn signals. Certainly minor details, but more evidence the rule book was ignored during prep.

So does a logbook make this car "ITA certified"?

Logbook just indicates that at the last annual inspection or after significant damage was recorded, that the vehicle was safe to race. Annuals do not check for compliance to specific class or car rules (IIRR).
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

I would like to see when the book was issued and by whom. Could be fun.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    I would like to see when the book was issued and by whom. Could be fun.
    Scrutineers issue logbooks based on proper safety items, not prep rules compliance...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Scrutineers issue logbooks based on proper safety items, not prep rules compliance...
    On the original issue it must meet all the class rules to be given a book. I agree it could have been changed later. Issued a book this morning so it is not my first day.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

"...must meet all the class rules..."? Sooo....you checked the cams, displacement, compression ratio, gear ratios, etc...? You would have caught this cheating car during its logbook issuance (assuming it was this way prior to getting a logbook)?

I agree if something is blatantly out of spec (e.g., Lexan 'shield in an IT car) I'll note it in the logbook for correction prior to next/first event, but I've never chosen to not give an annual to a car that meets required safety specs. - GA

Spoke with the seller yesterday. He told me the head was not ported and polished, just parts were polished?? and that the special cams were from a "later model" GTI. He claimed that Alex Job Racing built the engine after he blew it up in Homestead. and that I could see the car at Alex's shop later in the week! They are testing at Sebring today and tomorrow.
    Chris Leone
    318i going STL!!!
    E36 ITS underconstruction(sold)
    84 944 ITS (sold)
    71 240z more than half way there/now GT2 bound!!
    ChrisLeonemotorsports.com
    Roll cages and fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    Logbook just indicates that at the last annual inspection or after significant damage was recorded, that the vehicle was safe to race. Annuals do not check for compliance to specific class or car rules (IIRR).
    I was just poking fun since the car was listed as "ITA certified". Maybe it's on par with some of the "certified used cars" you see. Yup, it's used, here's a certificut...