OK. Let's quit dogging safety equipment here. Yes, the old "bent aluminum" head supports are not any safer than nothing. But to say that ALL aluminum head supports used in conjunction with the proper shoulder supports are unsafe is simply false. We have learned a lot about restraining the body in recent years and a right side net and aluminum head rest/shoulder rest containment system that is strong enough and installed properly can work so much better than one or the other. If you only have a right side net, how far does your head have to move to reach it? 6 inches? 8 inches? Not to mention how far your shoulder pushes it away before it is taught enough to hold you put. But a right side net used in CONJUNCTION with the full-containment head and shoulder system can extend the effective restraint area and should be done. There is nothing in a seat belt system designed to hold the torso in laterally, so something else needs to be added. Something is better than nothing, but with the proper lateral restraints then a HANS device or other sfi 38.1 device can do it's job, which is restraining the head in a FRONTAL crash. I've worked for 2 drivers that were killed in stock car crashes, and fortunately was on different teams when that happened because I don't think I could have lived knowing there was more I should be doing to prepare a safe car. There is science behind good safety equipment, not opinion. Follow the science and you will be safer.