Thread: Time for new trailer tires...

Default Time for new trailer tires...

I my tires are 205/75-15's. I can find four options,

Goodyear Marathon's

Maxxis 8008 ST

Carslile

Kenda

or you can suggest a different tire.
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 02-11-2010 at 01:48 AM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I personally won't use the Goodyears anymore. I've had too many issues. I just put the Maxxis on the trailer a few weeks ago, my own research led me to believe that it's the right move.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Those Carlisles are not bad.

When we replace trailer tires, we try to get the next higher load range. Sometimes this may require a different valve stem. No one ever overloads their trailer, right? Our pace came with tires that were barely rated for the loaded weight of the trailer.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

I have four brand new trailer tires that are higher load rated - C I believe. Bought them and never mounted, sold the trailer. I'll sell to you for a killer price - they have been in my heated garage for two summers.

15 inches - got to check the other size info and confirm load rating. They will be going on ebay shortly.

Ben
    [email protected]
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    When we replace trailer tires, we try to get the next higher load range. Sometimes this may require a different valve stem. No one ever overloads their trailer, right? Our pace came with tires that were barely rated for the loaded weight of the trailer.
    WE found the same thing had load range c on trailer which was abosulute min. Then moved to D. Last time I ordered got Package of new wheels(just the standard white spoke) and they had load range E on and that is what we ended up with now on all 4 axles.. I have stuck with Carlisle which seem to be fine just keep the pressure at Max for most load carrying. The E's are 80PSI. T W
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I have four brand new trailer tires that are higher load rated - C I believe. Bought them and never mounted, sold the trailer. I'll sell to you for a killer price - they have been in my heated garage for two summers.

15 inches - got to check the other size info and confirm load rating. They will be going on ebay shortly.

Ben
    [email protected]
    ben if james doesn't want the trailer tires i might be interested. pm me
    Steve Elicati
    ITA 1994 Mazda Miata
    Central Florida Region

Where are people finding decent deals on tire/wheel assemblies? I need to upgrade the rolling stock on my trailer this summer.

Northern Hydraulic

You may want to to be careful of the Chinese tires. A friend put 4 on his enclosed trailer, having used his old tires with no problems for more than 20,000 miles. He lost 2 of his new Chinese tires on his first trip. Cheap tires from no-name manufacturers can be expensive.