Thread: Wideband Air/Fuel Guages

Default Wideband Air/Fuel Guages

Was watching one of the Bildon videos and saw him use a digital A/F ratio gauge in his Corrado. Now I'm wondering what everybody else uses. Do you just tune on a dyno and forget it or do you use an A/F gauge? I know some use EGT to tune but I don't know which would be better? So if you prefer one over the other, why? And lastly, which A/F gauge is better/reliable?
    Thanks.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Just put one in the car--permanent gauge.

Will be a useful diagnostics tool--even though I have a carb!

I have one permanently installed, and use its voltage output as an input into my data acq system. That way I can review the data later to ensure my AFRs are not going wacky during the race (when I don't have time to monitor it. In fact, during the races I tape over the display so it's not distracting.) - GA

I know the LM1 uses a bosch 16 121 sensor....then you just need a 0-2 volt display...
    "Nebraska organizing committees
    to race in Iowa & Ne board thing "
    Still working on a name...
    X-MVRG Member...
    ITB Rabbit/ITA Miata

I've got a Tech Edge WB controller and display that I built from a kit. Normally also connected to my Megasquirt, and logged each session. Lets me tune AFR at the track without a dyno (as long as you already know what the AFR goal is). These days I think your best bang for the buck is probably the Innovate LC-1.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

I bought one and decided I had way too much to figure out in the car without watching AF numbers. New car new setup. I have an NGK AFX kit brand new I can sell for $240 shipped.