Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dl-1

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Happy to answer any specific questions or help you find the system that best fits your needs (even if it's one of the ones I don't carry); my contact info is on my website.

You also can't go wrong talking with Mr Furgeson.
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

I have used a Traqmate for the last 2 seasons and have found it very useful to analyze my own performance, even if not comparing it to others. The same could be said for any of the units mentioned. Was I faster in a certain turn by braking later and harder or scrubbing speed more gradually? Or was a faster or slower day to day, and in which segments am I gaining or losing. By merging it with video, you can take a look at a certain line. Traqmate has predictive lap timing which is nice for qualifying - you can see if you're already off your prior pace you can make a decision on what to do with the rest of the lap. One thing I don't like about TM is that it costs an extra $200 for a Traqdata which allows you 4 analog, 2 digital and one rpm input. It's adequate but not thorough if you want throttle, brake pressure, steering, and then add a couple of gauges. It's a good unit, easy to use and they are always upgrading the software. Any of these units mentioned will do what a TM does, so if it comes down to a decision I agree with the other comments go with the one used mostly in your class or region. I'm a huge fan of using data to improve driving technique. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by shlowone; 03-06-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shlowone View Post
    I have used a Traqmate for the last 2 seasons and have found it very useful to analyze my own performance, even if not comparing it to others. The same could be said for any of the units mentioned. Was I faster in a certain turn by braking later and harder or scrubbing speed more gradually? Or was a faster or slower day to day, and in which segments am I gaining or losing. By merging it with video, you can take a look at a certain line. Traqmate has predictive lap timing which is nice for qualifying - you can see if you're already off your prior pace you can make a decision on what to do with the rest of the lap. One thing I don't like about TM is that it costs an extra $200 for a Traqdata which allows you 4 analog, 2 digital and one rpm input. It's adequate but not thorough if you want throttle, brake pressure, steering, and then add a couple of gauges. It's a good unit, easy to use and they are always upgrading the software. Any of these units mentioned will do what a TM does, so if it comes down to a decision I agree with the other comments go with the one used mostly in your class or region. I'm a huge fan of using data to improve driving technique. Hope that helps.
    AJ.....the best aquisition device for the over 60 crowd(me for one) is charging our pacemakers before qualifying...LOL.

Dan: FYI, SCCA just announced that Race-Keeper will be the official video/data system for SCCA PRO World Challange for the next three years and all cars will be required to carry this system. So, if you plan to race World Challange........
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Dan, you'd be crazy not to get a DL1 based on the knowledge base of the people you know and are at the track. Kessler, Amy, Flatout, and many others.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    Dan: FYI, SCCA just announced that Race-Keeper will be the official video/data system for SCCA PRO World Challange for the next three years and all cars will be required to carry this system. So, if you plan to race World Challange........
    Thanks for the vote of confidence racing pro but not yet this year.

Based upon all the drivers who have DL-1 in my region and all the help offered I will go DL-1.
    Thanks everyone for your input.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Dan: With the number of racers in the NE using DL-1, I would say that is your best choice at this time.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    Dan: With the number of racers in the NE using DL-1, I would say that is your best choice at this time.
    I think you are right. I will take your advice on the DL-1. Thanks
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Be sure to visit Jeremy's website. He has some great info to get started using the DL-1. I started using the DL-1 last year and enjoyed learning it. Then in the fall I went to the ARRC and got some data from other guys who had ran Road Atlanta. Seeing the data easily cut hours of seat-of-the-pants learning.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si