Thread: Northern Virginia IT racers?

Default Northern Virginia IT racers?

Any one from NoVA who does IT? I'd like to get involved this year. Thanks.

Pete
    Gainesville/Warrenton (Vint Hill)
    88 Targa
    01 C320
    02 Carrera 2
    RennKleen.com

I live in Central VA, and have raced some at Summit Point. Over the many years I have been a SCCA member, I have also worked the races at Summit.

I saw your other questions about IT classifications for 911's. What involvement are you interested in? Do you want to race this year? If you can purchase or rent a car, the Washington DC Region is hosting a Double drivers school on March 19-21.
    See http://www.wdcr-scca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=81 for details.
    This Double school will provide you with sign-off of the two schools needed on a novice permit, then after getting two races signed off; you would have your racing license.

The first local IT races of the year will be at VIR on March 6-7, hosted by the North Carolina Region. They will be hosting 30 minute sprint races (SARRC races), and two enduros, one at 45 minutes, and the second at 1 and 1/2 hours. Additionally they will be hosting at PDX (Performance Driving Experience, Instructor lead performance track driving).

Then there is a double national at VIR on April 17-18, and the first race at Summit Point on April 24-25.
    Todd Cohen

I think you will find a lot of us in NoVa..what can we do to help. You'll find the MARRS schedule at http://www.wdcr-scca.org.

If you don't think you're going to be in a car this season, I'm sure we can hook you up w/ an existing driver to crew for at MARRS 1.

-Gregg
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Thanks both of you for the comments.

I'd like to drive at some point this year, but I wouldn't mind crewing for someone to get the lay of the land. All I've done so far is a PCA HPDE at Summit Point. I thought I'd at least get some autox in with the Targa, but would like to eventually drive IT - possibly with a 944 or older MR2
    88 Targa
    01 C320
    02 Carrera 2
    RennKleen.com