I live in Central VA, and have raced some at Summit Point. Over the many years I have been a SCCA member, I have also worked the races at Summit.

I saw your other questions about IT classifications for 911's. What involvement are you interested in? Do you want to race this year? If you can purchase or rent a car, the Washington DC Region is hosting a Double drivers school on March 19-21.
See http://www.wdcr-scca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=81 for details.
This Double school will provide you with sign-off of the two schools needed on a novice permit, then after getting two races signed off; you would have your racing license.

The first local IT races of the year will be at VIR on March 6-7, hosted by the North Carolina Region. They will be hosting 30 minute sprint races (SARRC races), and two enduros, one at 45 minutes, and the second at 1 and 1/2 hours. Additionally they will be hosting at PDX (Performance Driving Experience, Instructor lead performance track driving).

Then there is a double national at VIR on April 17-18, and the first race at Summit Point on April 24-25.