Thread: Is this airdam legal for IT?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I need to look a bit more. Was this proposed change in the December FasTrack adopted?

The existing glossary definitions related to bodywork do not apply well in all car categories. The proposed changes
    applied to all cars. [The FF bodywork revisions below depend on these glossary entries.]
    Item 11. Effective 1/1/10: Change Glossary B entries as follows:
    Body: All parts of the car licked by the air stream and situated above the belly-pan/floor with exception of the roll bar or cage.
    For Formula and Sports Racing cars, further exceptions are those units definitely associated with the function of the engine or
    transmission.
    See Bodywork.
    Body Panel: A replaceable section of the body.
    Bodywork: See Body All external panels that encase the frame, driver, engine, transmission, radiators, suspension pickup points,
    etc. Bodywork includes panels below the floor pan, and the bottoms of any side pods.

(Strikethrough font didn't work, the underlined portions replace the strikethrough)

Answering my own post. If I am reading the huge December FasTrack correctly, Item 11 was withdrawn. Adopted or not, it suggests the CRB doesn't like the current definition of body. I wouldn't be surprised to see another attempt at a new definition.
    Last edited by tderonne; 02-05-2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Tim