Thread: Is this airdam legal for IT?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

On edit: If, however, someone were to decide to get a bug up their ass and try to make a point by protesting this (and/or trying to change the rule), and should they protest anyone besides me, I'd be glad to spend my own time and money to assist in the offense. In fact, if someone really wants to protest it, I'll be glad to accept that challenge with no avarice toward the person doing it.
    That actually sounds like fun. If I win will you write a book and give me the first copy signed?

I actually first have to care, to protest it.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by spnkzss View Post
    I actually first have to care, to protest it.
    And this is part of the problem, right? None of us really gives a crap about how someone attatches their air dam unless it clearly creates a performance issue.

I disagree with Greg's reading of the rule. You MAY attach one and IF you do, it SHALL be attached to the body.

(and for the newbies who keep popping up, don't get all worried about the silly season. The atmosphere at the track is a total 180 - literally in Lawton's case )
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    And this is part of the problem, right? None of us really gives a crap about how someone attatches their air dam unless it clearly creates a performance issue.

I disagree with Greg's reading of the rule. You MAY attach one and IF you do, it SHALL be attached to the body.

(and for the newbies who keep popping up, don't get all worried about the silly season. The atmosphere at the track is a total 180 - literally in Lawton's case )
    Agreed that that is part of the problem, BUT, if being married and having a kid has taught me anything, you MUST pick your battles.

FWIW, I agree with Andy. AT LEAST in a Honda stand point, cause that's all I "think" I "know".

Edit: I also agree with Andy for the newbies.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures