Thread: USERA “Midnight Moonshine Run” 6 Hour Enduro

Default USERA “Midnight Moonshine Run” 6 Hour Enduro

DANVILLE, VA (February 1, 2010) – USERA and Summit Point Motorsports Park will host a special 6 Hour night time endurance race at Summit Point on July 9-10, 2010. The event, called the Midnight Moonshine Run, will begin at 6pm Saturday and end at Midnight. Classes will include most club racing Improved Touring and Showroom Stock cars, Spec Racer Ford and USERA’s American Touring Car Championship cars.

The race weekend will consist of evening and night practice on Friday evening, with the grid formation for the race starting at 5:30pm Saturday afternoon for a 6pm race start. This makes for a mostly night time endurance event, with plenty of excitement as the event draws on the history of moonshine runners from the area as inspiration for some interesting twists to a traditional endurance racing event.

USERA and Summit Point will selected a charity for a unique fund raising programs on the race event. While the full scope of the fund raising programs are still being “uncorked”, one of the first and best received ideas has been a “Bribe an Official” program. The idea is that when a driver gains more than a two lap advantage on their second place rival, an official can be “bribed” with a $20 donation to have the leader “stopped” by a “revenuer” for an inspection. In reality, the stop will be a simple 10 second stop and go procedure, but it will generate excitement in the pit lane as teams conspire to “turn in” the moonshine runners who are outrunning the rest of the pack.

Another example is that any gasman who spills an excessive amount of fuel during a stop will be “jailed”. The team will be unable to refuel their car again until they pay the gasman’s “bail bond fee”, which will be another small donation for charity.

“Without affecting the racing, we hope to put together an event that is as much fun for the crews and spectators as it is for the drivers, while raising money for charity,” said Ken Grammer, Director of Competition at USERA. “Since floating the idea a few weeks ago, you wouldn’t believe the ideas we’ve received. People really love the idea of combining their love of racing with an opportunity to help others. We couldn’t be more excited.”

With entry fees set at only $450, USERA and Summit Point officials expect a large event. Teams wishing to secure their place of the grid, and their car number(s), can find early registration information at www.usenduro.com.
    Last edited by Ken Grammer; 02-02-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Ken,
    What other activities are going on that weekend on the main track? I looked at the BSR schedule and nothing was listed. I'm wondering what other clubs will be in the paddock.
    Thanks,
    Chuck

They are working on getting the event listed.

Woodbridge Kart Club and I think the Bill Scott Formula Car series are on that weekend. We will be running in the evening slots.

Dear Ken,

SJR SCCA is running a 12 hour that weekend at NJMP. It has been in the works for a few months and has been official for over a month. Any chance of rescheduling so that they do not conflict. I think it would be better for both events.

Thanks
    Bob Zecca
    Proud sponsor of the TEAMDI PROIT SERIES and F2000 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Bob:

The SCCA 12 Hour event at NJMP is on June 19. Our 6 hour race at Summit Point is on July 10...
    Last edited by Ken Grammer; 02-03-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Entry form is now on-line at http://usenduro.com/sp-entryform.shtml

Just a reminder that this event is still on the schedule and we will begin focusing on this one the first weekend of June. As noted above, the entry form is available so you can go ahead and register.

The entry list for the Midnight Moonshine Run can be viewed here:

http://www.usenduro.com/sp-entrylist.php

PhilsTireService Track Side Support will be the official race tire supplier for the USERA 6 Hour Midnight Moonshine Run at Summit Point July 9-10, 2010.

PhilsTireService is a Hoosier, Toyo, Hankook, Yokohama and Nitto motorsports dealer. Phil's is also a D-Force, 949 Racing, Enkei and Team Dynamics race wheel dealer.

Phil needs to receive your tire and wheel orders by June 30th and they accept all major credit cards.

To place an order call Phil at 845-647-7407 Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm Saturday 10:00am - 3:00pm, visit
    philstireservice.com or email [email protected].

We need someone to spell Phil in the trailer for 3 hours so he can do a stint in my car. If I could get him signed on, I'd have a co-driver committed so I could send in my entry.

Kirk

I'm sure Phil can work something out... we sure want to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    We need someone to spell Phil in the trailer for 3 hours so he can do a stint in my car. If I could get him signed on, I'd have a co-driver committed so I could send in my entry.

Kirk

Phil would definitely do this.......:026:
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

As would we... and Kirk!!!

With only five cars signed up we made the decision to cancel the event this evening.

On to bigger and better things...
    Last edited by Ken Grammer; 06-20-2010 at 12:32 AM.