Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ITAC and CRB and the Process

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I also got the auto reply sending me to the correct address.
    OK, cool. Josh probably hit on the issue ...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    It is way more than head and neck generated.
    Without a solicitation in FT too...this is a proactive campaign. Should speak volumes.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Well the BOD has received only 21 letters, all in support of the process.
    Yes, in the week since Andy and i resigned, that seems like a significant amount. Does that include our resignation letters?

You said "only"....what would be considered "significant" or "a lot" in the BoDs eyes?
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Jake it includes one of them and I really do not know I am after all the new kid.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Well the BOD has received only 21 letters, all in support of the process.
    Eh. They're all from internet agitators. And there's hundreds - thousands, maybe - of IT entrants in the US. So close to zero as to effectively, uh, zero.

K

Drafting my letter now... for many of us if should be as easy as COPY/PASTE letter from it.com... enter email address of BoD ... (sweat dropping from eye brow such hard work) and click on the SEND button.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Hey, ANY input is good, but, ask yourself, if you were on the BoD, would you give more weight and credit to a letter that stated original thoughts, or one that was a copy of somebody elses? Even if your points are the same, original wording carries more weight.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Jake-

IMO copy and paste should be equally as strong as an original letter... Some peoe are not as good as others at writting and that could be the barrier some have at sending I requests.

Raymond "nothing on these forums is copyright" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Jake-

IMO copy and paste should be equally as strong as an original letter... Some peoe are not as good as others at writting and that could be the barrier some have at sending I requests.

Sorry, I disagree 100%. When people are forced to actually write down what they want to say, they actually have to reason through it. A lot of times the opinion changes. Original thoughts and additional points sway opinions.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Jake-

Well, it's better than nothing, I suppose.
    But this isn't about mere 'votes' or quantity, it's about impressing upon an organization a position.
    Trust me, if you're on a committee, you'll be more swayed by a well reasoned letter, than a copy of one you already got. heck, even an original, but not particularly masterfully written letter has a bigger impact than a copy of somebody elses.

It didn't work in school, and while it's 'legal' to do in cases like this, it isn't that noteworthy when you're on the receiving end.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

I'm shocked it's only 21. With all the chirping that's been going on only 21 of us have sent letters in? You have to be f'ing kidding me!

Lets go people!! Send in those letters!!!

(hmmmm, which reminds me to send in one on the H&N issue......)
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Eh, most people don't even know what's going on and it's not because they don't care. The discussions have primarily happened here and in the sandbox. All that said, I do think that number of letters is not by any means insignificant.

If we actually want to communicate and get more feedback from our members, send newsletter summarizing both opinions and solicit "votes". While I agree that it's more powerful to send in an original letter, that's just not in most peoples nature to do. Heck, it wouldn't be all that difficult to host a web page with a poll on topics such as this where people could easily answer various questions.

How many letters were received that supported the recent changes or were against the process?

(hmmmm, which reminds me to send in one on the H&N issue......)
    LOL!!!! See Jeff, you care about the H&N issue but life gets in the way. For many people, looking at the big blank white screen results in a...ahhh, hmmm, where do I start? I'll put it aside and get to it later. I know that happened to me with my H&N letter that sits in draft form on my desktop. That and I'm sure the BOD is sick of hearing from me.
    Last edited by gran racing; 02-03-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

How do you get the word out to the other IT racers that aren't on either of these forums? Do the different regions have forums on their websites like NER?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I think we have plenty to draft up a standard letter which will outline the points we all agree on ( uh...). Reach out to all the IT racers you know and ask them to send it or their version to the BoD. It's that simple. If we're committed, yes it's that simple.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

One of the steps SCCA took to better communicate was to create hunt groups. People would then receive information for the particular areas of racing they had interest in. I'm not how things are going with that effort, but it would be a potential way.

We also have a magazine which goes out to members. Print a well written article about the two ideas of where IT should go with classification and using that on existing cars. It would actually be pretty interesting for people to read regardless of the category they participate in. (In other forms, people outside of IT have shown interest in this debate as it has a bigger impact than just IT.)

From that article, announce a website where people can vote and voice their opinions.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

As a new member to SCCA I was a little suprised that at major events there are no SCCA info booths. I go to LRP for many events and never have seen a booth setup at the vendor area advertising SCCA. I would expect that info for SCCA which is easier for the public to obtain would help strengthen SCCA. Also I would expect that events would be the optimal place to gather and distribute information and elicit responses from the drivers.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Absolutely, letters to both SportsCar and GRM are most appropriate.
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post
    Absolutely, letters to both SportsCar and GRM are most appropriate.
    not sure which has the most "receivers" (SportsCar vs. GRM) but i would wager that GRM has far more "readers"

interesting thought to write to GRM since it is the "publication" of choice for NASA.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

OK, fellas. We got some ideas to raise some hell, so now lets get to setting the hellfires!

Another idea is to attend your local SCCA regional board meeting to increase the awareness, or write a letter to your region's newsletter. (That way you connect to those closest to you, for maximum impact...) It's winter for godsakes, and newsletter material must be at a premium? Instead of Mr. RE writing about the daisies about to push up in a paddock near you, he'll probably welcome your IT-related rant for a story...
    Last edited by RedMisted; 02-05-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    How do you get the word out to the other IT racers that aren't on either of these forums? Do the different regions have forums on their websites like NER?
    Mass email members from this site. Usually thats not to hard for the site administrator. Should just be a click of a button and fill in the information.

Let those people know through that email they can post it locally on the region and local websites.
    Last edited by ebassett; 02-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.