Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ITAC and CRB and the Process

Default ITAC and CRB and the Process

The current developments between the ITAC and the CRB were a topic of discussion at the convention including in the session between the BOD and the CRB although that meeting was early in the week (Wednesday afternoon) before many emails had been received. There are always a number of topics that come up both at meetings like this as well as throughout the year so there are different issues competing for attention.
    Member input often drives priorities. The volume of that input is the only way that the powers that be can gauge if issues are really of serious concern to a large portion of the membership.
    Input to the Board of Directors can be sent by email to [email protected]. Input to the Club Racing Board is done online at http://www.crbscca.com/ and your letter can be cut and pasted into a form on that page. Each of these reach a different group that are involved with setting policy for club racing in the club.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Dick, thanks for the post on this. It is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    The current developments between the ITAC and the CRB were a topic of discussion at the convention including in the session between the BOD and the CRB although that meeting was early in the week (Wednesday afternoon) before many emails had been received. There are always a number of topics that come up both at meetings like this as well as throughout the year so there are different issues competing for attention.
    Member input often drives priorities. The volume of that input is the only way that the powers that be can gauge if issues are really of serious concern to a large portion of the membership.
    Input to the Board of Directors can be sent by email to [email protected]. Input to the Club Racing Board is done online at http://www.crbscca.com/ and your letter can be cut and pasted into a form on that page. Each of these reach a different group that are involved with setting policy for club racing in the club.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thanks for the heads up. Letter sent via that mechanism too, #644.

And I'm #645.

I knew the new procedure (www.crbscca.com) was in place, but I couldn't remember what it was and I couldn't find it mentioned on SCCA.com. That's why I copied the BoD and Terry Ozment when I sent my original e-mail.

It also works better if you re-type your letter rather than cutting and pasting it - special characters like quotes and apostrophes don't translate correctly. Hopefully the CRB will be able to figure that out and won't discard my thoughts because of the typo's!

I guess we'll see what happens...
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Make sure letters regarding the CRB are sent to the [email protected] also. Letters sent through the www.CRBSCCA.com website DO NOT go to the BOD.

Raymond "Thanks Dick for the updates, I know that the entire lurking IT community appreciates it" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Make sure letters regarding the CRB are sent to the [email protected] also. Letters sent through the www.CRBSCCA.com website DO NOT go to the BOD.

Raymond "Thanks Dick for the updates, I know that the entire lurking IT community appreciates it" Blethen
    I sent my e-letter last night to [email protected]. Does this mean that they didn't get it? I may have to retype my letter...
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

I'm not sure what happens to letters that go to the old address. I would think that they should either have an automatic reply that tells you to go to the new site and enter it there, OR it should happen automatically. NO response indicating that it is a dead end would be wrong.

No need to retype for the BoD, just get it from your sent folder copy and paste it with the correct address.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

If you compose a letter in Word (or whatever), paste it into Notepad or some other simple text editing application, and read/edit it there first. Then cut it out and paste it into the form. That will strip out all of the formatting etc. that dorks it up. Or just type it in Notepad, but then you lose spell-check, which I kind of count on...

K

Approx three weeks ago I sent a letter to the old CRB address with ZERO response. Several days after no response I called & was given the new CRB address. Then received a notice with tracking number. Nothing is tied together & to my knowledge the new address is not (was not at the time) tied to the rules making process writeup.

Resend your letter.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Is it me, or does having an auto reply on an email that isn't used anymore just seem like simple common sense? I mean, it it that hard?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Is it me, or does having an auto reply on an email that isn't used anymore just seem like simple common sense? I mean, it it that hard?
    The last time I sent an email to [email protected] I got a response back saying to go to the web site.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Right, my guess is that the auto-response is working, but that they end up caught in most people's spam filters.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

I also got the auto reply sending me to the correct address.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

i got an auto reply. :026:
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I'm not sure what happens to letters that go to the old address. I would think that they should either have an automatic reply that tells you to go to the new site and enter it there, OR it should happen automatically. NO response indicating that it is a dead end would be wrong.

No need to retype for the BoD, just get it from your sent folder copy and paste it with the correct address.
    Well, nothing has come back, and I did not get any request to redirect mail. So I'll assume the CRB got my complaint. But to be sure, guess I'll resend my letter through one of the "official" channels...
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

If you have not heard anything I would defiantly resend it. The item I had in February Fastrack was sent by email in May and other than an email saying they received it I had heard no more. In December the SCCA staff loaded my letter in the system and I got a tracking number.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Just asking, but has anyone ever sent a letter to the CRB saying: "Thanks, you are doing a good job?"

I know that is not the sentiment right now on here, but I was talking to another racer today and the question came up.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Well the BOD has received only 21 letters, all in support of the process.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    Well the BOD has received only 21 letters, all in support of the process.
    That's an effin' landslide in letter-dom.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

It is way more than head and neck generated.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7