Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITR Multiplier? ??

Default ITR Multiplier? ??

Since ITR pretty much started during the most recent ITAC I was wondering if any of you may have the multipliers and formulas for ITR.

thanks,
    Stephen

See post #49 in the "....Chairman resigns" thread.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

IT-build HP (someone said that most ITR cars got 30% for expected gain) * 11.25
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    IT-build HP (someone said that most ITR cars got 30% for expected gain) * 11.25
    This is what I saw as a norm as well however I found something that implied the ITAC recommended the s2000 with only a 15% gain. So I will reword my question... what are the power gains that the ITAC used for each ITR car that they classified? This should be well documented based on recent posts about transparency...

Gary thanks for the link, that is part of what I need, I do understand the process and know I am looking for the rational and transparency part... I have a little homework to do: )

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    That are the power gains that the ITAC used for each ITR car that they classified?
    Pretty easy to back calculate using the assigned weights. Slap'em in a spreadsheet and you can get all the power multipliers pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Pretty easy to back calculate using the assigned weights. Slap'em in a spreadsheet and you can get all the power multipliers pretty easily.
    Ron... great idea, but that will only get me close to understanding the power gains I need to research the power gain goals...

So step 7 we get a 6% reduction for FWD
    Does step 8 apply to ITR?
    And step 9 seems like it could go all over the place... if any ITAC member (current or retired) is lurking feel free to share your knowledge!

I would love it if anyone on the ITAC could just share the spreadsheets... some cliff notes perhaps

Thanks again,
    Stephen

The original proposal was in the July 2006 Fastrack. Here are the numbers as I know them, correct me if there are any errors:

15%:
    Honda S2000
    Porsche 968
    Mazda Rx-8 (as originally classed, dropped 130lbs with no explaination in Dec 2009)

20%:
    Acura Intergra Type-R
    Ford Taurus SHO
    Porsche 944S2

25%
    Acura Legend, RSX-S
    BMW E30 M3
    Chevy Camero
    Dodge Stealth
    Ford Contour SVT, Mustang
    Honda Prelude
    Mitsubishi 3000GT
    Nissan Maxima
    Pontiac Firebird
    Porsche Boxter, 911, 911S, 911SC
    Toyota Celica GTS

30%:
    BMW 6 cylinders (325, 328, 330, 635, Z3, Z4)
    Lexus IS300, SC300
    Nissan 300ZX
    Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    The original proposal was in the July 2006 Fastrack. Here are the numbers as I know them, correct me if there are any errors:

15%:
    Honda S2000
    Porsche 968
    Mazda Rx-8 (as originally classed, dropped 130lbs with no explaination in Dec 2009) ...
    That's when the checks from Mazda cleared.

The RX8 is something of a case study in both why the limited subjective decision-making of "version 2" of the Process is important, and how it was designed to work - at least as far as the ITAC's recommendation was concerned. We looked at a lot of information and were confident - collectively confident, by a documented individual roll-call system - in the multiplier used and the ultimate weight specification.

It's just a shame that there was no system in place to communicate to the membership how the checks and balances are intended to work. I'm *positive* that someone (read, "the competition") is always going want any car's given race weight higher than it is, but maybe if y'all had some confidence that I WAS joking about the fat check, you'd be able to accept that the ITAC was making recommendations equitably - and that the CRB was implementing them with the fidelity.

K

Stephen,

Anything specifically you would like to know? Maybe how a car that is not on the list might be classified?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

The RX8 has larger brakes than the S2000 and the 968 and now an even lower weight...course if it was my car getting a weight break I'd have no complaint :-) The weight break is sorta stacking the deck for Mazda on the short twisty courses...

Other than moaning over the weight on the RX8 - the multipliers are spot on - can't say I'd change any of 'em.

Hopefully we'll see some RX8s out there this season. There's an awesome Sahlen RX8 for sale on racing junk that would be a perfect STU car - grab that ride Flatout!!!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    The RX8 has larger brakes than the S2000 and the 968 and now an even lower weight...course if it was my car getting a weight break I'd have no complaint :-) The weight break is sorta stacking the deck for Mazda on the short twisty courses...

Other than moaning over the weight on the RX8 - the multipliers are spot on - can't say I'd change any of 'em.

Hopefully we'll see some RX8s out there this season. There's an awesome Sahlen RX8 for sale on racing junk that would be a perfect STU car - grab that ride Flatout!!!
    We had a chance to build whatever we wanted for ITR this winter...and the RX-8 didn't make the cut. Don't think it can make the power and the transmissions are total crap. Still nothing better on paper than an E36.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Thankfully we are keeping ITR from becoming 'Spec E36"...

That S2000 is going to be a great addition - Steve will be in contention, no doubt

After looking over that list again - I'd change the multiplier on the Boxster to 15%. Nobody seems to be able to make any extra power out of that motor.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    We had a chance to build whatever we wanted for ITR this winter...and the RX-8 didn't make the cut. Don't think it can make the power and the transmissions are total crap. Still nothing better on paper than an E36.
    We will see if we can change that opinion this year. Totally agree on the trans but we found most of the fixes. Definitely not for the ham fisted driver.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

The RX-8 looked fast in the Rolex 24!
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

I would really like to join ITR with whatever my new build is, however in realty i cant spend 40k on a car. I am trying to think about the best option for me to have fun and be in the top half of the field. I dont have an unlimited budget, i dont have a huge shop with all the best equipment, i know nothing about ecu mods. So i am thinking a car I love like the Lexus is a much more expensive build with 30% gains than with an RX-8 at 15% as a goal. Granted that extra 15% is expensive but so will that last 15% on a car with a 30% goal. I am thinking that If I took a car that only has 15% as a target then I am at an advantage with the limited buget over building a car with a 30% multiplier. Compairinfg the rx8 and the is300 I am thinking the rx8 would be faster if I didn't do engine modifications on either car....

These are my dilemmas!
    Stephen

V6 Camaro.

If you can't build a pretty basic, but decent one, for around $8k then you're not trying hard enough. Plentiful parts, high quality ones too, at low prices. Good weight distribution, good brakes, and they did AutoX well back in the day.

Competitive? Not sure, but I think the power is going to be there for you. Live rear axles are not as henious as people make them out to be in IT (ask Jeff Young), and you'll have fun I bet!

You can then join the ITR Domestic Brigade, spoiling the look of IT.

Ron - the Camaro was a top pick for me. That V6 can make some power on the cheap and a good cage will stiffen up that chassis right. I liked the V6 Mustang too!
    Both are the econo competitors...

Stephen - grow a mullet dude - race domestic! That Lexus will be an excercise in pain
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Stephen - grow a mullet dude - race domestic!
    Hey, hey...watch it!

Ron, you gonna take that?

- Earl, who doesn't have enough hair to grow a mullet...
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Definitely not for the ham fisted driver.
    Oooo........ Nick Ham maybe offended.

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Hey, hey...watch it!
    Ron, you gonna take that?
    - Earl, who doesn't have enough hair to grow a mullet...

Ron "Growing Mullet Now for My 2010 Domestic ITR Debut" Earp