Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
The original proposal was in the July 2006 Fastrack. Here are the numbers as I know them, correct me if there are any errors:

15%:
Honda S2000
Porsche 968
Mazda Rx-8 (as originally classed, dropped 130lbs with no explaination in Dec 2009) ...
That's when the checks from Mazda cleared.

The RX8 is something of a case study in both why the limited subjective decision-making of "version 2" of the Process is important, and how it was designed to work - at least as far as the ITAC's recommendation was concerned. We looked at a lot of information and were confident - collectively confident, by a documented individual roll-call system - in the multiplier used and the ultimate weight specification.

It's just a shame that there was no system in place to communicate to the membership how the checks and balances are intended to work. I'm *positive* that someone (read, "the competition") is always going want any car's given race weight higher than it is, but maybe if y'all had some confidence that I WAS joking about the fat check, you'd be able to accept that the ITAC was making recommendations equitably - and that the CRB was implementing them with the fidelity.

K