Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCCA National Convention

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Steve, I haven't heard anything about valve size in the discussions. I actually do think that's a place to look, when choosing a car, BUT, even it is full of exceptions.

The CRB has just recently drawn it's line in the sand at displacement. But recent history shows inconsistent application of even just that:

While it's certainly not dead accurate, it is felt that for IT, that stock hp actually reflects those variables, and is a better place to start.
    I understand that Jake. My point is that there may be more than one way to get to the correct answer. If in the end the ITAC and CRB can come together on something that gets us close to the actual power a car makes in IT trim we can use the process to set the weights fairly. The CRB may be stuck on displacement and a few other factors. The ITAC wants to use stock HP X 25% in most cases. With either method there are cars that will not fit.

When this happens the ITAC assigns a different percentage after doing some research. The CRB says "we know this car makes X" and assigns a weight. Somewhere there is a middle ground we can work towards in a productive manner.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    When this happens the ITAC assigns a different percentage after doing some research. The CRB says "we know this car makes X" and assigns a weight. Somewhere there is a middle ground we can work towards in a productive manner.
    My issue is that recent practices have shown that the ITAC has said:
    "We know this car makes 17%, and we will go with 25% as a conservative approach", which then gets trumped by the CRB who says: "We will class that car at 25% plus 95 pounds"

Huh????
    How, Why? Evidence??

And, is that going to happen every time, consistently? With transparency??

Why I asked those questions, I didn't get an answer that came close to being either a discussion of possibilities, or a solution that had any roots in consistency and transparency.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com