Thread: Nothing is official 'till Fastrack is released?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nothing is official 'till Fastrack is released?

I sent a reqeust last year to the ITAC regarding a new entry into the ITB field. It was approved and sent on to the CRB for approval. I was told approval or disapproval would be in the February Fastrack. Well, no-show in February.

I sent an email wondering if it would be this month. I got a return email saying it would be decided tonight (2/2/10) and posted in the next Fastrack. I asked if i could get an email about the decision and i was told they could get fired for releasing this information.

The reason i want to know now is because events are gearing up. I want to be prepared and ready when those events roll around and not still wondering if I'm even accepted in a class or not.

So is it true that nothing from CRB is "official" till Fastrack says so?

Quote Originally Posted by ebassett View Post
    I sent a reqeust last year to the ITAC regarding a new entry into the ITB field. It was approved and sent on to the CRB for approval. I was told approval or disapproval would be in the February Fastrack. Well, no-show in February.

I sent an email wondering if it would be this month. I got a return email saying it would be decided tonight (2/2/10) and posted in the next Fastrack. I asked if i could get an email about the decision and i was told they could get fired for releasing this information.

The reason i want to know now is because events are gearing up. I want to be prepared and ready when those events roll around and not still wondering if I'm even accepted in a class or not.

So is it true that nothing from CRB is "official" till Fastrack says so?
    What was the request?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

To have a new car classed in the ITB field (528e to be specific). The information i sent was approved by ITAC and passed on to CRB. I was curious as to why a decision would be so secretive and i would have to wait until Fastrack was released to know the outcome.

ITAC recommended classing the 528e in ITB. CRB rejected that, and wants it in A at a higher weight. Should be in Fastrack this coming month.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Oh, THAT request, LOL.

OK< here's what I know. When I was on the ITAC, we reviewed your request. We, strangely enough have good intel on that engine and it's potential in IT trim. We deduced that the car could not get down to an ITA weight, and recommended that it be classed in ITB. That recommendation went to the CRB, who rejected it. They feel the 'car doesn't 'fit' ITB", and that the engine is too big. They told us we had to re-recommend it for ITA, or not class it. So, we did as we were told, it is now in their hands as an ITA recommendation.

I'm sorry if ITA isn't where you think the car should be, and I am in agreement with you.

I resigned from the ITAC over issues (like this) and won't know anymore from here on in. I'll know it's ultimate fate when you know.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I guess my request caused some problems within the ranks. I apologize. Thanks you to all you guys that helped get this through.

I believe the car should be in ITB but i guess CRB knows best, not you guys who drive in the IT classes.

My question still remains...Will the secret voting tonight be givin to me or will i have to wait till the new Fastrack?

My recollection was a bit different from Jake's, I thought the car was approved it just need to be weighed and put in A, and should be in the next Fastrack.

For what it is worth Earl, Jake and I were strongly in favor of the car going in B since it was clear with its curb weight it would never make its ITA weight. The CRB had a fair response to that which is it would be the biggest motor in ITA with a ton of torque.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8