Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
Kevin, did you pick up any rumblings at the convention about the rift between the ITAC and the CRB?
Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Ha ha, the CRB just gave him a huge award! He's not looking for trouble! Can't say as I blame him.
Damn Jake, you think I'd sell out?!

Saturday morning was the CRB Town Hall meeting, and I did indeed stand up, introduce myself (because up to that point few knew who I was), and asked for (in few words) just a feel on the issues. Honestly, I wanted to just hear their side of it, as I know there's always 2-3 sides to every story. A dialogue occured, and I had several people come up to me afterwards thanking me for doing it. After the Town Hall meeting, I got to privately talk with Bob Dowey (CRB Chairman) a little bit and then later extensively with Jim Drago. I also talked some with BOD members Robin Langlotz and Dick Patullo. Unbelievably informative, and just really, really cool to be able to privately, one-on-one talk with all of these guys over the course of a couple of hours. It's actually quite humbling; these are real people just like you or I who honestly believe they're just trying to do what's best for the club. It's hard to remember that when they're just labeled as "that big, bad CRB!", with no face or personal touch to it; a bad way to form opinions. As for what I was told, I'm debating on wether or not I want to actually make a public write up on that - probably not. In a very brief summary, I'll just say that I don't feel it's a complete diagreement in the theory/method/process, but more an issue with specific things within it. I don't believe the whole thing is dead, and I don't believe the sky is falling. I think egos and feelings were flexed and hurt on both sides of things, both by the CRB and the ITAC, and if given a little time to cool off, the issue could certainly be revisited again. No, the resignation of several ITAC members has not helped, not surprisingly. But even just within the CRB, feelings on the subject are very widely spread. Note: I am not going to quote here what anyone has specifically told me, or really even name who specifically felt in any particular way. This stuff is just all my feeling and opinion!

Anyways, after all of this went on over the course of about 8am-noon on Saturday morning, the CRB were STILL happy to give me the award around 2pm that afternoon!