Guys, step back and take a look at the big picture. The club has many issues to deal with, IT and this "process debate" is just one of many. I know you guys have tons of time and emotional ties wired into this issue. I am pretty sure that the CRB folks understand that too. But still this issue is just one of many so as crazy important as it is to the resident message board crowd, it may take a while to get things sorted out. As far as open discussion on message boards, that can be good and bad. People say things on boards that they would never say in person. Or their message comes across with a negative or positive connotation when it is not meant that way. So I can see why a committee working on an issue would not publish every comment / view on things discussed.
I would like to find out from Kevin or Jerry what sort of response they got in discussion with the CRB members they talked with. Was it IT positive / negative? Meaning has this message board group discussion (and sometimes personal attacks) soured the CRB on the IT issues or the group pushing the process agenda...or is their a willingness to see the issue with merit and overlook all the personal "lynch mob" crap that has been going on since back in the summer? A read on that is almost as important as the issue itself. Another bit of feedback from the CRB which is important here is: Do they (the CRB members) feel that the message board crowd is the "actual" voice of the (IT) people? That is a pretty important aspect of this whole thing too. Lots of folks refuse to get sucked in to this type of discussion but are still very interested in IT. Those people pay their dues and entry fees and count the same as us prolific typers. I hope that Kevin and Jerry got a good feeling from their discussions...at least as far as the CRB being positive towards IT.