Thread: Looking to get a new suit

Default Looking to get a new suit

Does anyone have a Lico (jade) suit. I have not seen anyone wear one and was just looking for some insight. Does anyone know anything about these suits

Quote Originally Posted by adoyle View Post
    Does anyone have a Lico (jade) suit. I have not seen anyone wear one and was just looking for some insight. Does anyone know anything about these suits
    They are made by Sparco and some of us have had quality control issues with Sparco suits. I bought a fairly expensive Sparco from Saferacer and during it's first season, the threads all came apart on the chest panel. I had to have it repaired with Nomex thread. If I hadn't had all my patches sewn on, I would have sent it back.

Next time I'll buy an Alpine Star.

I've got a Lico suit. I've only worn it a handful of times but I like it a lot.
    Drew

I tried on the Lico suits. The higher priced one was OK. The cheaper one was too stiff feeling and a bit uncomfortable. I wound up getting the Pyrotect Sportsman Deluxe from http://cs-gear.com/ They supply a lot of suits for Chump Car as well as the local races here in the Bay Area.

They also had the G Force which felt more comfortable than both but was ~$399 IIRC which was more than I wanted to spend at the time.

Default Speed Sport Uniforms

I'm looking for a suit too. Have you looked at Speed Sport Uniforms? They seem quite reasonable for a custom suit.

http://www.speedsportuniforms.com/index.htm

I'm interested in how the fit and finish is.
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242