Thread: Saying goodbye to a great man, Harry Pucket

Default Saying goodbye to a great man, Harry Pucket

As some of you know, we said goodbye to a real gem of a man, Harry Pucket this week. Harry went home to the lord Sunday morning at about 5:00 AM. Many of you will have very fond memories of Harry and the good times you had with him. One of the most emotional times of the memorial service was when Harry's oldest granddaughter Anne Davis read a life letter that Harry wrote. Here it is.

I hope whoever finds this enjoys life as much as I have - it has been a great ride.
    I have:
    A wonderful family; great friends; a satisfying career; traveled to London, Paris, Beijing, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Brugge, Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, San Francisco, New York, Topsail Island, and Wrightsville Beach; driven race cars; sailed boats; skied fresh powder snow; and have had one lifelong, passionate love - Mary Jane.

There wasn't a dry eye in the standing room only sactuary at Aldersgate UMC in Shelby, NC Wednesday night. I have never seen the church that full. I got to the church 15 minutes before the service, and had to park across the street from the back entrance to the church!

Harry is survived by his devoted wife, Mary Jane, his two daughters and their families, and his son, who he was very proud of, Walt Pucket, who many of you know and has driven to much success in IT, and ProRacing.

Thanks for the opportunity to share this with you.

Mike

Harry will be greatly missed. He was one of the good guys.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX