Thread: Time to change the crb

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Time to change the crb

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...

I came an inch away from quiting SCCA altogether last year with the bullshit that I feel that I was dragged trough (and dragged everone else through).

I typed up my resignation for Stewarding to the President of SCCA and the rest of the SCCA Stewards but never sent it in after taking a few breaths... but the letter is still in "my documents" on this computer.

Last weekend I went to our regions annual meeting and was reminded why I love SCCA so much; the local people whom I see as part of my family. I enjoy spending the weekends with them racing, and volunteering my time to help work events. I can't imagine my life being much different but as I grow older the competition for "SCCA time" is growing fast (family, friends, marriage, kids?, work, cash flow, boats?, golf, and any other numerous ways to entertain the "adrenalin" side of me).

Some of the people whom thought I might leave were worried that it was other Stewards that I might have a problem with. While I think that program needs a lot of work, the CRB is my biggest problem. I have a problem being involved in a club where the members receive such disrespect. I have run plenty of businesses to "get the big picture" but I just don't understand the big picture that the CRB or BOD is seeing. It is time for change, and I think it needs to start with getting member voted CRB members to represent us to our BOD.

Go to www.crbscca.com and put in a request. I have:

The CRB has continued to fail at listening to member input, and with the recent resignations from ITAC and Stewards positions as a result of the CRB actions is a detriment to our club. We are loosing good members and leaders whom listen to member input.

This is supposed to be a club that is member driven not a business run by a the CRB's blind recommendations to the BOD. The CRB members have far to much power & control to be such an influence when the positions are not voted on by the members of our club.

I would like to propose that all CRB positions are filled by membership votes. I also recommend that in an effort to save this club from failure all current members whom have served more than 6 months respectfully step down.

Thank you for your consideration.

It is time to stop complaining here to the ITAC and time to support them with our own direct requests to change the CRB.

Raymond Blethen
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 01-27-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com