Updated a few key points.
Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
But an entry just the same for a lot of folks.

OP, slightly longer Cliffs notes version: there was an endless series of discussion about this very thing, mosty centering around how much $$$ it would cost to be competitve at a Nat'l level compared to competitive in a lowly subscribed division, while likely being the same $$$ it is today in areas with strong competition, the spirit in which the class was created, and so forth.

Bottom line, while expensive, it's no where near as expensive as it would be if we all raced in an area with very competitive IT fields, or went nat'l. Some people seem to want it to stay this way. STU will allow some folks to run nationals uncompetitively. And if anyone wants to be a National-only racer, well you will need to go back to the drawing board and choose a national eligible class and a car for that class.

As you may have gathered, there is an underlying political issue going on here as well, and my post represented one of those political positions.

IT is fun the way it is. And we have enough enduro, Pro-it, restricted regionals, etc that I for one don't feel like I'm missing anything by not running nationals. Just my opinion...
I agree that IT is fine the way it is. I also think it would be better if we had an opportunity to be a national class. A lot of the arguments against this were centered around the added cost (read - the requirement to fully prep a car to the rules) to compete at a national level. Many people do that now. Many others don't have to and are able to finish well.