But an entry just the same for a lot of folks.

OP, slightly longer Cliffs notes version: there was an endless series of discussion about this very thing, mosty centering around how much $$$ it would cost to be competitve at a Nat'l level, the spirit in which the class was created, and so forth.

Bottom line, while expensive, it's no where near as expensive as it would be if we all went nat'l. Most people seem to want it to stay this way. STU will allow some folks to run nationals. And if anyone wants to be a National-only racer, well you will need to go back to the drawing board and choose a national eligible class and a car for that class.

As you may have gathered, there is an underlying political issue going on here as well, but I'll leave that to the ones who know the ins and outs of it all, because frankly, I can no longer keep up with who/what/when/where/why around here. We have so many boards, it's just plain confusing.

IT is fun the way it is. And we have enough enduro, Pro-it, restricted regionals, etc that I for one don't feel like I'm missing anything by not running nationals. Just my opinion...