Thread: Help! Durability of Kumho V710, Hoosier R6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Only one weekend on R6. 7 sessions - 1 practice, 2 qual, 4 races, all about 15-20 mins. per session. In other words, 2 hours on track. If I am lucky maybe they can be used later for 2 short sessions at a practice day.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Chris, are you looking at the BFG R-1's at all. From what most people say they are almost as fast and last way longer from a consistency standpoint as well as heat cycle. The other tire you should look at is the Hankook.

Not sure what size you are running but they do have lots of Mustang friendly 16" & 17" sizes.
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjb25hs View Post
    Chris, are you looking at the BFG R-1's at all. From what most people say they are almost as fast and last way longer from a consistency standpoint as well as heat cycle. The other tire you should look at is the Hankook.

Not sure what size you are running but they do have lots of Mustang friendly 16" & 17" sizes.
    I'd like to consider the BFG, but they don't make the tire in my preferred size of 245/45/17. And from what I understand, the Hankook can have supply issues. So right now it's Hoosiers or Kumhos.

Thanks to everybody who has weighed in. I'm trying to get away from running Toyos and Nittos for something faster. After getting some experience at the level of the V710 or R6, I will then attempt to move up to the Hoosier A6, which I understand to be the uber-goo of racing tires. (Even though the A6 was developed for auto-x.)
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

The A6 may be OK in a strange season--weatherwise--like we had last year.

Otherwise go with the R6--you have a heavy car.